Got pulled over in Northern Calvert.

Midnightrider

migtig said:
True story - I was driving with expired tags (unknown to my dumb arse self) in Prince George's County. I've heard all kinds of horror stories about the PG Police, but the gentleman who told me about my expired tags was an absolute doll and sent me on my merry way to get it taken care of. From what I understand he could have pulled my tags on the spot and had my car towed. I agree it's all in how you speak with the police. BTW, I am not a cop.
I had somehting similar happen in St Marys. Driving my old pickup (only use it once in a while for dump runs and the like) I got pulled over for expired tags- 5 months expired. Well, i figured i was going to be walking, but was very nice to the cop, he saw i was honestly surprised, and let me go with a verbal warning when i said i was on my way to loveville next, if he let me go.

Its all about how you talk to them usually

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Hmmm

Thor said:
Nope 49 in a 30. I keep telling you guys 99% of what happens after you get pulled over is a direct result of how you interact with the officer. I don't know why folks will not believe that.

:bs:

I am sorry, but this sounds like a political GOP spew... I don't care WHAT you say, if I was pulled over and the cop said I was 20 over... there is NO WAY they would give me a warning. I'd say you story reeks bs!

Thor

DooDoo1402 said:

I am sorry, but this sounds like a political GOP spew... I don't care WHAT you say, if I was pulled over and the cop said I was 20 over... there is NO WAY they would give me a warning. I'd say you story reeks bs!

Call BS all you want, it's the truth, it took place right on Brick House road. Why on earth would I lie about that?

AndyMarquisLIVE

Thor said:
Nope 49 in a 30. I keep telling you guys 99% of what happens after you get pulled over is a direct result of how you interact with the officer. I don't know why folks will not believe that.
They gave me a ticket for 42 in an alleged school zone. They wouldn't let you off on a warning.

bohman

DooDoo1402 said:

You know, often the simplest explanation is the correct one. Instead of making this a grand issue of Left vs. Right, did you ever stop to think that maybe that particular cop just didn't feel like doing the effing paperwork and showing up for court that accompanies giving somebody a ticket?

I never would have believed it til I went for a ride-along w/ a cop buddy. He'd pull people speeders, check to make sure that no drugs, weapons, etc. were present and send them on their way with a warning - even some 20mph over. He just said, "eff it, making them pay for a ticket doesn't put any money in my pocket and it means I have to go to court."

The only speeding ticket he gave out all night was to the single, solitary ####### that mouthed off to him. Everybody else was polite, and they got warnings. Which backs up what other people have claimed on this thread, and contradicts all those dummies that like to mouth off about cops filling their "quotas".

bohman

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
They gave me a ticket for 42 in an alleged school zone. They wouldn't let you off on a warning.

:sigh: Just because you got pulled over by a hard-ass doesn't mean that nobody else is going to get a warning. See my post above. :rolleyes:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Was pulled over doing 76 in a 55 zone on 270 on 12/31, nothing but a warning and a safe driving pamplet.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Hmmm

Thor said:
Call BS all you want, it's the truth, it took place right on Brick House road. Why on earth would I lie about that?

I am not saying you are a liar... I just know that if you were doing 20 over the speed limit, no police is going to pull you over, just to give you a warning... UNLESS you know someone, or you are someone to them... I think there is more to the story that is not being told... Just my opinion...

S

somdebay

Thor said:

tis true...i got a warning not to long ago...rather than be honest...i lied...and i got a warning and not a ticket...go figure

bohman

DooDoo1402 said:
I am not saying you are a liar... I just know that if you were doing 20 over the speed limit, no police is going to pull you over, just to give you a warning... UNLESS you know someone, or you are someone to them... I think there is more to the story that is not being told... Just my opinion...

Please read post #30. During 4 hours, I personally witnessed ~10 people recieve warnings, all of whom were about 15 over. One was 21 over. Only 2 of them personally knew the cop handing them warnings.

These people were several different races, both genders, and varying economic status (as judged by the quality of their rides). Do you agree with Dick Head that all cops are just corrupt pigs?

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Hmmmm

bohman said:
Please read post #30. During 4 hours, I personally witnessed ~10 people recieve warnings, all of whom were about 15 over. One was 21 over. Only 2 of them personally knew the cop handing them warnings.

These people were several different races, both genders, and varying economic status (as judged by the quality of their rides). Do you agree with Dick Head that all cops are just corrupt pigs?

I agree there are alot of people in uniform who think they are above everyone else (I have witnessed it throughout the USA)... And I also know it is true there are a few that are honest and try to do their job as respectable officers... I am not siding for one or the other, but I think Richard is on here to push buttons... and I see that he's achieving his goal...

S

somdebay

bohman said:

i don't think really any of the cops are corrupt pigs...JMO...I have #####ed about speed traps...and how it is a waste of time and effort...but I guess it just goes with the territory, plus, if I didn't speed, i would need to worry about them...hmm...enlightenment...

Thor

AndyMarquisLIVE said:

Would you like me to take a photo of the warning and show it to you?

AndyMarquisLIVE

somdebay said:
i don't think really any of the cops are corrupt pigs...JMO...I have #####ed about speed traps...and how it is a waste of time and effort...but I guess it just goes with the territory, plus, if I didn't speed, i would need to worry about them...hmm...enlightenment...
But certain police officers are more concerned about a guy doing 3 above rather than someone doing 95 in a 55 somewhere.

S

somdebay

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
But certain police officers are more concerned about a guy doing 3 above rather than someone doing 95 in a 55 somewhere.

wrong place, wrong time....right place, right time...you never know what is going to happen, hindsight buddy...