Grass!!! Help

Vrock

It's not that serious
Not that kind you freaks.

It's too late for seed, isn't it? My lazy husband has decided to wait until now to do something about our dirt backyard. We were thinking laying sod but after measuring etc it looks like that'll run us upwards of $250 we don't have. We didn't move into this house until January so we couldn't lay seed in the fall and I had a baby in January so I couldn't do it in the spring (he couldn't either.... not sure why... the excuses are kinda rattling around in my head at this point.)

We need grass for our 4 year old so he doesn't spend all summer digging around in the dirt.

Suggestions?!

T

toppick08

It's not too late, as long as you water it everyday.......Use Southen Gold fescue(tarheel var 1 and 2), from Lowes........:yay:

Dodgem250

Make sure you use a "turf-type" tall fescue and not that K-31 or rebels crap.
One seed makes one blade of grass.

Turf-Type= golf course and rich peoples yards.

K-31 and Rebels= one seed makes a big lump in your yard.

grow a lawn and not a field of clumpy grass. Be sure to check the weed seed content and find whatever has the least "weed seed" content.

T

toppick08

Make sure you use a "turf-type" tall fescue and not that K-31 or rebels crap.
One seed makes one blade of grass.

Turf-Type= golf course and rich peoples yards.

K-31 and Rebels= one seed makes a big lump in your yard.

grow a lawn and not a field of clumpy grass. Be sure to check the weed seed content and find whatever has the least "weed seed" content.

:buddies:

so true......

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
We have been trying to get grass to grow in some spots in our yard forever. But it's sloped and just washes away before it can grow. Do you use anything like the mat stuff? Or straw?

T

toppick08

We have been trying to get grass to grow in some spots in our yard forever. But it's sloped and just washes away before it can grow. Do you use anything like the mat stuff? Or straw?

Straw helps, but so does sod, or Zoysia plugs.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I can give it a shot, or offer some ideas, so y'all can try them...:buddies:

Here are 2 pics of my front yard. The ground is so hard. I wonder if I should put new dirt down or what.

Attachments

• Grass 002.jpg
    Grass 002.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Grass 003.jpg
    Grass 003.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 100
T

toppick08

Here are 2 pics of my front yard. The ground is so hard. I wonder if I should put new dirt down or what.

Not too bad, it could use a good aerater service, lime, and fertilizing....before any grass is planted.