Grasss Help!!!

Vrock

It's not that serious
Not that kind you freaks.

It's too late for seed, isn't it? My lazy husband has decided to wait until now to do something about our dirt backyard. We were thinking laying sod but after measuring etc it looks like that'll run us upwards of $250 we don't have. We didn't move into this house until January so we couldn't lay seed in the fall and I had a baby in January so I couldn't do it in the spring (he couldn't either.... not sure why... the excuses are kinda rattling around in my head at this point.)

We need grass for our 4 year old so he doesn't spend all summer digging around in the dirt.

Suggestions?!

bcp

In My Opinion
Dont waste your money on the seed now.
deal with the dirt and then seed in september

If you plant it now it will come up weak and the heat will not let the root system grow enough to make it through the summer.

Vrock

It's not that serious
We're hoping to leave in November so that won't do us any good either! :( I guess we're screwed then ah? He put rock down in half the yard so that's basically a waste now. I'm so mad I could barf right now.

bcp

In My Opinion
It's only about 335 sq feet but sod is $5 a roll at meadow farms.
Call Central Sod and find out where the closest location to you is.
When I was doing landscaping I was buying sod (just last year) for .18 a square foot.

or, figure out a reasonable size area to make for the child to play and then sod just a smaller area.

LesterGreen

It's too late for seed, isn't it? My lazy husband has decided to wait until now to do something about our dirt backyard. We were thinking laying sod but after measuring etc it looks like that'll run us upwards of $250 we don't have. We didn't move into this house until January so we couldn't lay seed in the fall and I had a baby in January so I couldn't do it in the spring (he couldn't either.... not sure why... the excuses are kinda rattling around in my head at this point.)

We need grass for our 4 year old so he doesn't spend all summer digging around in the dirt.

Suggestions?!

Dave's not here! :cool:

Vrock

It's not that serious
I called The Central sod location down here (charlotte hall) and they said they don't sell sod? WTF.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
There was a place north of Waldorf on Rte. 5 that had sod for $2/roll. Not sure of the size of the rolls, but it may be a start.

Vrock

It's not that serious
Anywhere closer to Pax river? I'm trying to kick him in the arse to go get some tommorow.

T

toppick08

Suggestions?!

Look for my post in the Home and Garden section......it can be done..:yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
There was a place north of Waldorf on Rte. 5 that had sod for $2/roll. Not sure of the size of the rolls, but it may be a start.
most of the places that sell it like that are also only selling in 5sq ft rolls.

if its doable, I would go ahead and call this one and check.
Central Sod
[SIZE=-1]1839 Pleasant Plains Rd
Annapolis, MD 21409
(410) 626-8890

its where I always got mine. I was buying up to 6000 sq ft at a time but with 355 you would not need anything bigger than a 1/2 ton truck to haul it back down. and the rolls are 10 Sq ft, this makes it faster to put down and when the edges start to brown right off (and they will if you dont roll it) it wont look as bad. The browning will fill in with green fairly quick.
DO NOT FERTILIZE NEW SOD.
[/SIZE]