Greenbrier parents - keep your teen on a leash!

The Dude

You mean coitus?
You know, years ago I had this problem when I was in the Va Beach area.

Well, bcp, I did yell a couple very unlady like words, but not the N word. This african-american kid pretends to be deaf. He keeps his hoodie on his head and, obviously, thinks he is invincible.
I guess, my best bet is the bull!!! And he's always hot to trot - doesn't like males of any kind because he thinks they will take "time" away from his females.

He may be wearing headphones and may not be able to hear you. I know it doesn't help your problem, but he just may not notice with the music jamming...

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Mess with a black kid in a hoodie and Obama will say it's like his son...

Hide a deer cam in the area closer to where he's coming over the fence and get better pictures of him and give it to the police!

glhs837

Power with Control
Wal-Mart has some wireless digital deer cams on clearance for $50:) Place it and it will transmist images back to your home network:)

ironintestines

Non-Premo
There's a bunch of good ideas in this thread. My first thought was if he is hopping the fence, make the fence less friendly to hop. An electric fence to people that have never been exposed to electric fences is a repellant after they get hit with it. Barbwire as high as a man is tall and isolate. That way you can change which line is hot or charge all of them.

Trip wires are fun to play with too- Trip Wire Home Defense Noise Marker Booby Trap Alarm - YouTube

BernieP

Resident PIA
We had put up "Beware of dogs" and "No Trespassing" signs - they disappear! We have 7 acres and the ignorant teen is crossing way in the back of the property - he would be long gone by the time police arrives.
And no, I don't know the parents - that's why I put this in the forums, hoping that somebody at Greenbier knows them and warns them.
Sooner or later the zebu bull will be in the back for grazing purposes and then watch out, kid!!!
We do have German shephards but I wouldn't let them out there in that tick infested marshy area. So, good luck, dude!

Not that I condone trespassing, but if you have 7 acres, and they are way back, what is the problem? Are they doing damage, stealing? Or are they simply passing thru?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not that I condone trespassing, but if you have 7 acres, and they are way back, what is the problem? Are they doing damage, stealing? Or are they simply passing thru?

The problem is that if the kid gets injured on her property, she'll be liable for it. Whether it's the dogs or the bull or he trips over his own two feet.

So Micki is right to get the cops involved because at least she has proof that she tried to keep this kid off her property in case he gets hurt somehow and the parents try to sue her.

Vince

The problem is that if the kid gets injured on her property, she'll be liable for it. Whether it's the dogs or the bull or he trips over his own two feet.

So Micki is right to get the cops involved because at least she has proof that she tried to keep this kid off her property in case he gets hurt somehow and the parents try to sue her.
Zactly. Had kids using the street in front of my house and my front yard for their football field. That stopped very quickly. If one of them had broken their leg tripping over anything in my yard, I would have had their parents on my doorstep yelling, I'm gonna sue you.

Vince

Trayvonne his ass.
Just walked out the front door and told them to leave. You know how intimidating I look. :lol: Of course they ignored me the first time. The second time I told them you have two choices leave or the police are on their way. They left.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Zactly. Had kids using the street in front of my house and my front yard for their football field. That stopped very quickly. If one of them had broken their leg tripping over anything in my yard, I would have had their parents on my doorstep yelling, I'm gonna sue you.

Then simply post the property, if he's jumping a fence they can't sue. Not unless there was a booby trap designed to injure. If your property is fenced and marked, people enter at their own risk. Entering a fenced area is all the proof you need to show they did not accidentally cross the property.

Then if and when someone gets injured, you call 911 and the cops and the ambulance can both come to get the fool.

There is some irony that people are concern about the liability of an injured tresspaser yet have no issue with a homeowner drawing down on people on the edge of unmarked property.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Then simply post the property, if he's jumping a fence they can't sue.

That is not true. Ever hear of "attractive nuisance"? It can be anything, and if a judge finds that you lured a minor onto your property with a swimming pool, a trampoline, or a daisy they wanted to pick, you're going to be paying a large settlement. Clearly marked construction sites have been ruled "attractive nuisances", as have drainage ditches and wells on your property.

And even if a judge would throw it out, the parents can run it up the flagpole anyway and Micki will be paying legal fees and court costs even if she wins.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Attachments

• EASTWOOD THEIR ASSES.jpg
    EASTWOOD THEIR ASSES.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 49

DEEKAYPEE8569

That is not true. Ever hear of "attractive nuisance"? It can be anything, and if a judge finds that you lured a minor onto your property with a swimming pool, a trampoline, or a daisy they wanted to pick, you're going to be paying a large settlement. Clearly marked construction sites have been ruled "attractive nuisances", as have drainage ditches and wells on your property.

And even if a judge would throw it out, the parents can run it up the flagpole anyway and Micki will be paying legal fees and court costs even if she wins.

The trick/added expense and real nuisance is to have to build a privacy fence around said pool and/or trampoline. My Brother had to. \:-/

Last edited:

acommondisaster

Maybe someone smarter than me can verify this - I've been told that "Beware of Dog" signs can be detrimental if your dog chases or bites someone - it can be used as proof that you knew the dog was dangerous, and you'll be liable. True?

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
Several times now your teen is jumping my fence, goes across my land to one of the houses off of Willows Road. He has been advised by us that he is on private property and to turn around - he just leisurely walks ahead to the other side and jumps the fence again to get to his buddy's house.
He is a taller black teen with a bright red hoodie who couldn't care less.
But.....if we ever let our zebu bull out on that part of the land you will spent the night on a tree.....and then I couldn't care less.
I know that a few forumites are on here that live in Greenbrier and probably know the little ignorant dude. Spread the word in the Greenbrier housing development!

Greenbrier has the same problem with kids coming in from the Pembroke community to use our community park, no neighborhood in Southern Maryland is safe from a Section 8 renter so long as the state gives them the funds depending on family size to rent a house! Homeowners who can't sell will rent, they don't give a sh*t about the Section 8 status of the person handing over the money!

sockgirl77

Greenbrier has the same problem with kids coming in from the Pembroke community to use our community park, no neighborhood in Southern Maryland is safe from a Section 8 renter so long as the state gives them the funds depending on family size to rent a house! Homeowners who can't sell will rent, they don't give a sh*t about the Section 8 status of the person handing over the money!

All of the neighborhoods need a HOA. HOAs can put NO SECTION 8 in their bylaws.