Grits! mmmmmmmmm....

gemma_rae

Nothing is healthier than Hot Water Soup! Lisa Douglas made it all the time and Eb went nuts over it.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Naw, Eb Dawson from Hooterville.

oI never thought of Green Acres as the place of grits, but why not? I bet Lisa could whip up a fine batch for Mr Douglas in his grit-eating suit.

Just had another bowl. Yum yum. Great way to start the day. Now move on outside for some sweatin' and week pullin'.

gemma_rae

oI never thought of Green Acres as the place of grits, but why not? I bet Lisa could whip up a fine batch for Mr Douglas in his grit-eating suit.

Just had another bowl. Yum yum. Great way to start the day. Now move on outside for some sweatin' and week pullin'.

Me either, I was talking about the Hot Water Soup. I do like the idea of Oliver having a grit eatin' suit though!

P.S. Grits were everywhere in Suitland during the 70's (obscure PG County reference)

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Me either, I was talking about the Hot Water Soup. I do like the idea of Oliver having a grit eatin' suit though!

P.S. Grits were everywhere in Suitland during the 70's (obscure PG County reference)

What happened to them? Did the Dem govt up there make them racist and illegal?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Kid from NY heads south with his family to visit Florida. They stop for breakfast along the way down in dixie. Waitress asks the kid if he wants grits with his breakfast. The kid has no idea what a grit is. He tells the server that he's never had them and doesn't know if he will like them. So he says "just bring me 1 grit so I can try it".

frequentflier

happy to be living
Gambini: Well perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on your stove! Were these magic grits? I mean, did you buy them from the same guy who sold Jack his beanstalk beans?!

:lmao: I guess the laws of physics are different on your stove, eh? I love that movie.

When my Dad was here last week, we watched it. Although I have already seen it probably 6 or 7 times, it is still a favorite!