Grocery Store Hell

belvak

Happy Camper
Hubby went to the store early this morning for me! Gotta love a hubby that will go to the grocery store!!! :lol: Anyway, we're set. Just waiting for the deluge!!

tipsymcgee

What I don't get are the snow shovels. You'd think one to two snow shovels would last a family the better part of their life in MD, yet they're always selling them right and left every storm.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
And your favorite neighborhood walmart

Attachments

• 1218092002.jpg
    1218092002.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 50

belvak

Happy Camper
What I don't get are the snow shovels. You'd think one to two snow shovels would last a family the better part of their life in MD, yet they're always selling them right and left every storm.

We've got 5 of them on the carport just waiting to push some sMow!! You have to have enough of them to "Tom Sawyer" everyone into shoveling for you!!! :lol:

KVF323

Hubby went to the store early this morning for me! Gotta love a hubby that will go to the grocery store!!! :lol: Anyway, we're set. Just waiting for the deluge!!

my hubby went for me this afternoon :biggrin: He got his cart and got in line :dance: as he waited in line (which was wrapped around the ENTIRE store), he left his cart and got his stuff while in line, it took him an hour of waiting in line to get $40 worth of food :rolleyes: i cant imagine how long it wouldve taken him had he shopped and then stood in line.

Im_Me

I went last night. It was a little crazy but I caught a new lane opening just right (helps when you know the store manager!). I did the regular shopping for the week, so all I needed to get today was beer, wine and junk food for the weekend!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
:smoochy:

:blushing:

You sound like me :lol:

I wanted to pick up our prime rib tonight but think I'll pass...

Giant has it for either $4.19 or $4.99/lb. I didn't get mine today. I'll wait till tomorrow and have DR take me in the 4WD.....maybe. He kind of scares me when he drives in snow. Funny how men turn into young boys when 4 wheeling in the snow. :lol:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Why can't people just pick up a couple things (the essentials)..... All these crazy people shop like they are going to be stranded for 2 weeks.....I don't get it....:confused:

I was one of those people with a cart over flowing with stuff BECAUSE it was my normally planned day of grocery shopping, it's not my fault some stupid blizzard is rolling in that sent everyone else out for the "essentials". :shrug:

lisa8439

my hubby went for me this afternoon :biggrin: He got his cart and got in line :dance: as he waited in line (which was wrapped around the ENTIRE store), he left his cart and got his stuff while in line, it took him an hour of waiting in line to get $40 worth of food :rolleyes: i cant imagine how long it wouldve taken him had he shopped and then stood in line.

:lol: He must have been at the commissary - and I did the same thing (shopped while I parked my cart in line). I got the major items first, then parked myself in line around the chicken. As I finally did the circle through the dairy section and came around to the paper plates, I noticed that the line now started in the produce dept.
:otter: :shocking:

When I finally got out of there I felt like I needed a nap.

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
A typical grocery store is never busiest during Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter week. It's a snow day, always.