grooming shop not closed

SugarBear47

new business

Yes the new business is called Peppers Pet Pantry. Very serious and professional. She has a banner up now. She has another place in the Wildwood shopping center too.

She has spent 2 or 3 weeks now cleaning up every day after AP left. It was just discusting. They didn't know how to use a trash can, broom, mop or vacuum, let alone disinfectant. Left holes in walls, removed toilets & sink in bathroom, stole shelving & racks that did not belong to them and anything else they could haul away, including hot water heater. Ripped up baseboards, wall boards. And the smell was just horrible. And yes they are extremely defensive and arguementative, and everything is always everybody else's fault.

I know that whole shopping strip is thankful they are gone.

jptrukrpr

re: peppers pet pantry

i don't know what you are talking about.....there are photo's of that shop which shows the condition the shop was left in......i personally have seen them and know nothing was stolen from that store......you can tell all the lies you want, but we know what the real deal is with you....right mary beth..... and we know the real deal about your husband too.....would you like the world to know about him.....if anyone would like to see the pictures......call 410-394-3850. the former owners want the people to know the real deal. also,if anyone wants to purchase the same items as peppers pet pantry is selling, I can give you the name of the places she is purchasing them from and you can save lots of money. she is too high priced and have had to take some items back because the products did not last more than a week.

jptrukrpr

re: action jackson

Thank you!

I guess what I never hear from this groomer's fan club is an admittance of poor judgement. I am not siding with the owner of the Chow, either, because she had poor judgement as well!
To quote whitecat2, who claims to have been in the shop when the chow died: "The groomer called the shop owner to ask what she should do and was told to call the dog's owner and send him home. He was ungroomable. The dog's owner insisted on him being groomed and offered to come in and muzzle him and keep him under control."
The word "insisted" is what gets me. I mean, let's blame someone else because you went ahead and groomed the dog anyways and it died. It's like a person walking into a bar and drinking, he gets pulled over for DUI (or worse) and then blames the bartender for serving him drinks. Take responsibility for your actions. Sounds like these people's "truth" is only to try to pass the blame. Even if they "win", they are still losers in my book!
I am proud to live in Solomons and love the area in general. I do hope the landlord or new tenant will take down ap's handmade sign out front...it has been an eyesore from the beginning (talk about unprofessional!) In the past few days, I have noticed a lot of activity there and have seen people working late at night - any idea what kind of business is going in there?

yes i know who is moving in....peppers pet pantry......she was affiliated with adorable paws in the beginning......she got mad because a sweet elderly lady wanted to display some of her paintings which is a long time resident and local animal artist of the island and surrounding area.....i now understand why northern calvert county residents look down on southern calvert county residents. and don't blame them. people like you.:duel::smack:

Last edited:

SugarBear47

jptrukrpr

Pete - this is not Mary Beth. And you have no reason to be slandering Peppers Pet Pantry, at the Solomons Plaza. Mary Beth had stuck by you and thought a lot of you, she is appalled that you would slander her business. She had every right to remove her products from Adorable Paw if her products were not being represented properly. She is an intelligent business woman. She has also not added a single post to this forum.

Do you realize that you are hurting ADORABLE PAWS by running your mouth? You worked at the front desk at the store as a partner. The more you say and the more you lie and show this kind of insane behavior the more you are showing your true colors in this public forum.

There are no photos of the interior of that store after you moved in because if there was they would show the truth. You are only able to lie now knowing there are not photos.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
This is Mary Beth, owner of Pepper's Pet Pantry. I was shocked when I was told about the insults and slandering of me and my business of 5+ years.
For the record, "jptrukrpr" signed up as a customer on my website many months ago and I DO know who you are by your "handle!" Your email address has jptrukrpr@-----.com. so it seems a little too coincedental to be anyone else. Besides the name, address and phone number fit!
Yes, I rented space at AP and my decision to leave was based on several reasons including the verbal agreement for exclusive rights to concession. When asked, I strongly objected to "the sweet elderly lady's" artwork because AP was trying to give away space *I* was paying rent for! I never regretted my decision to leave and now that I see how vicious and hateful "jptrukrpr" is being, I know I did the right thing. This person told me he did not expect AP to last until Xmas. My husband and I had told him if we ever took over the shop for retail when AP moved on, we would like to have him come on as our manager! We had also (privately) discussed allowing him to have a room in our home because he was so unhappy living where he was. We trusted and respected this person and both believed he had a big heart and was a genuinely kind person!

The store was a mess and the smell of animal waste could not be eliminated and I have had to replace the carpet in the back and have the concrete treated because the smell penetrated it as well! Oh, and did I mention the flea infestation? I could go on but it serves no purpose. I am happy and anxious to open my store and eliminate all the negative energy in that place.

I know of one item that was sold and the zipper broke which I was happy to replace. If my merchandise is of inferior quality, why would he offer to tell people where I bought it?! BTW, my products sell quite well and I have a lot of happy customers at the gift shop in Wildewood plaza and at the local events I vend at! Slandering me will not hurt my business- to many people, it probably reinforces "why" AP failed! I had nothing to do with Adorable Paws shutting down in Solomons and will not get into a p---ing contest with any of you about this whole thing! I have too many good things in my life to be sucked into this negativity and drama.

Oh, and if it was my husband being referred to in the post: the truth about him is that he is a kind and caring person. He is passionate about aviation, has a great job he loves and has volunteered to go to a place in the world full of conflict FOUR times to help ensure the safety of the American people. He is a great father to our 4 fur children, is generous and donates regularly to animal rescue groups and schools. He sympathized with "jptrukrpr's" loss of the woman he loved and the situation he was in. He wanted to help because that is the way he is.

Again, I will not get into a p---ing contest on this forum, nor will I stoop to a level of defensiveness or taking cheap shots.
I do appreciate all the people that emailed and called me to let me know about this!
Mary Beth Gates

action jackson

Welcome to Solomons, Pepper. We need more businesses like you. From your reply to jptruckrpr, you are professional and certainly more polite than anyone else would have been.
Thanks for taking the crummy sign down from AP. Even the old video sign looks better!

So, all you fans of AP, how did court go? don't hear you bragging about it.

i know who this sugar bear is. and the real deal is she is one good liar. and a gold digger. and she does not know as much as she thinks she does. in the end she will be eating her words and wishing she kept her mouth shut. and for your info. adorable paws does have a court date and you should come and join in the fun. they will be found innocent and the truth will come out.
also rumor has it the owner of dog is being sued. and others are going to be also. so go ahead and keep your little gossip going and let the truth come out. i want to see you all eat your words for talking about something you don't know anything about. and by the way, check out what has happened at petco and some other grooming shops in the area. you may be surprised.

According to the Maryland Judicial Court records, the trial was 11/13... what was the outcome?

frequentflier

happy to be living
Pepper's Pet Pantry is now OPEN for business! We are located between the Solomon's vet and the bicycle/kayak shop in the Patuxent plaza. Our hours are 11-7 M-Sat and 12-5 on Sundays.

For all the RESCUE GROUPS: in 2008, we will be hosting pet adoption and educational events every other Sunday at Pepper's Pet Pantry. There is plenty of room indoors if the weather is bad; otherwise we can hold events in the parking lot with tents, etc. The only other business in the strip mall that is open (kayak and bicycle shop) is enthusiastic to have these meet and greets as well! Some organizations, but certainly not a complete list I have spoken with are: Calvert Co Humane Soc, SMAWL, Tri county animal shelter, Friends of Felines. Some breed specific rescue groups include Greyhounds, Rat terriers, Collies, Aussies and more.

If anyone is interested in participating or even volunteering to help, please contact me! I would love to have help coordinating these events and organizing all the information and educational literature these groups will provide. I do have an area in the store dedicated to the pet adoption and rescue groups and pet related businesses for advertisement. For all rescue 501C3 groups, all I ask is that you put the events in the newspapers and any other media sources to advertise the happenings.

We will also try to raise funds for groups and in particular I will try to help out the SPOT Thrift Shop in St Leonard. They provide low cost spay and neuter programs and these volunteers are 100%. Their energy and enthusiasm is contagious and I admire and believe in their cause! I will likley start monthly raffle baskets and may start soliciting donations ~

Thank you all for your support and emails of encouagement! Stop by to shop or just to chat!

Mary Beth Gates
13858 Solomons Island Rd
Solomons, MD
(410) 326 4006
pepperspetpantry@yahoo.com

whitecat2

Action Jackson you seem to think you know so much. then you find out whats going on.
Keep up your:otter: good work of saying nasty things about AP on SOMD. they also got something for you on its way!!!!!! keep up the good work:otter:

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Action Jackson you seem to think you know so much. then you find out whats going on.
Keep up your:otter: good work of saying nasty things about AP on SOMD. they also got something for you on its way!!!!!! keep up the good work:otter:

:popcorn:

action jackson

Oh whitecat, whitecat. When will you learn that no one takes you seriously? All the posts you and your cohorts make are just reinforcing what has been said all along about being clueless.
Bring your peashooter or slingshot if you are going to spar with me. You certainly do not have any wit. Please make a public statement about your threats; share it with everyone.
It is so fun getting you rednecks going!
By the way, good luck finding me. I am on business in PA. Can you spell the name of the state or know that it is north of "southern" Calvert county?
So, you never mentioned court. Huh.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Thanks to all the fine folks from SOMD that brought their moral support and business to my new store! It is encouraging to know there are GOOD people in southern MD that care about their community and support small businesses.
As the list of interested animal rescue groups and shelters grows for adoptions and meet & greets, I am considering having events every Sunday instead of every other as originally planned.
Again, thanks. And happy holidays to you all!
Mary Beth
Pepper's Pet Pantry

whitecat2

On Jan the 8th Adorabl Paws was found not guilty of any wrong doing in the death of a chow chow. We hope to reopen as soon as possible. Talks are in the works for a new location in solomons. thanks to all who were behind adorable paws in the past and stood up for them in bad times. thanks for beliving in us.
Adorable Paws and Staff