Ground Solar Panel Array

NBF

Was wondering if anyone had success with obtaining a solar panel array that sits off the ground in their yard? My roof is only six-years-old and I want to stay away from that option due to insurance liabilities and leaking roofs, etc.

Has anyone worked through this successfully? If so, was it worth it and how is it working out for you? Thank you in advance!

Happy New Year 2024!

N B F

SamSpade

Actually, I wouldn't mind hearing about solar use in the county - period. While I am not sure I will live here long enough to break even on it, it might be worth the comfort of lower bills for a time.

My only reluctance is that my electric consumption is so huge, I don't know it would put a dent in it.

glhs837

Power with Control
One of my sons best friends bought a complete system. He gave them the plat, and they designed the system, which he and his father and my son installed. He submitted the plans from the company to the county for approval. I do not have a lot of details. Its about 20-25 feet long and maybe 10 or feet wide. Framework sits up on posts set in concrete, about six feet up.

He doesn't have storage yet, it feeds into the main house power. Three or so of the panels were broken upon arrival, the company made it right. I'll ask for the company name and his overall satisfaction with the process.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
While I am not sure I will live here long enough to break even on it,
Had Long Home Products out last Fall to look at our roof.
Garrett the salesman said he would be disappointing his boss by not selling use a roof job.
Asked him about solar, expressed his opinion we would NOT see a pay off for the investment.