Growing Up in Southern Maryland

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Did you know that the "Forums" of old Roman days was actually a Comedy Club open mike....

Yeah, it had good intentions with smart fellers spouting laughable philosophical stuff like liberal Democratics, but once people excused themselves to use the masturbatory, the jokes were unleashed. "Sheckythomopulus" an Israelite with flashy togas, had quips like "take my wench, please"... He would note fat men taking either too long or not long enough to accomplish the task at hand and make commentary. The crowds roared. His sidekick was a simpleton named "Hemiopolus", a dolt....

Bet you didnt know that.
before my time. But glad you liked it.

mitzi

When I was stationed in Jacksonville, we ended up at Andrews quite a few times. 1 of the crew members would drag us to a bbq joint in Charles county. It was an old garage just off route 5. This was in the late 1980s. When I moved to that area in 1998, I couldn't locate this place. I had a rough idea of where it was. But my memory of the place after only going there twice a decade before was spotty.

I'm glad you found an ancient article about local barbecue joints. I think this is the beauty of the internet. Not using it to argue politics with complete strangers.
There was a place around that time on Old Washington Road. Just a shack but the best ribs. I can't remember the name. Randy's in Hughesville was always good.