Guess what Michelle has banned from lunch rooms now!!!

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

Attachments

• from France.jpg
    from France.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 117

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return

The way the story is worded makes me wonder if they could put an end to this by rejecting federal education funds -- are school districts even allowed to do that? Seems to me that aspect is part and parcel to this story. Whenever the government is paying the way, it naturally follows they are going to want to have a say in how that money is spent. Not making excuses, but that's just the way that it is.

I scanned a few of the comments to that Yahoo article and they were truly cringe-inducing. Not one single commenter tying this back to federal spending on local education issues, just Pavlovian, emo knee-jerkery. So let's be clear: that is the issue here, federal spending on local education programs. Not the fact that they want to ban the pink cookie. That is a direct consequence of the feds paying part of the bill. It comes with the territory, and it is immutable.

RPMDAD

I think what you are saying is true, they have decided to stop serving the cookies, so they are allowed the Fed Funds. And the sheep have to follow the Feds / Michelle's directives.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Seems to me that aspect is part and parcel to this story.

It IS the story but the "reporter" buried it in one little sentence:

"As of July, schools that take the attached federal money under the 2010 Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act must adhere to new Smart Snacks standards created by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. "

Basically the fed is bribing...uh, I mean, offering financial incentives for schools to adopt healthier food options. They want the money, they have to adhere to the standards. I'm curious how much fed money we're talking, and what the take is on cookie sales.

Regardless, that cookie has not been "banned" by Michelle Obama or anyone else besides the school board, or whoever sticks their hand out for federal funding.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The way the story is worded makes me wonder if they could put an end to this by rejecting federal education funds -- are school districts even allowed to do that?

several across the country are on record as getting off the Federal Gravy Train ..

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Basically the fed is bribing...uh, I mean, offering financial incentives for schools to adopt healthier food options.

how do you think the National Speed Limit was lowered in the 1970's

.... if you want Federal Hi-way you will lower your maximum speed limit to 55 ....

Hijinx

.... if you want Federal Hi-way you will lower your maximum speed limit to 55 ....

Seat belts and helmet laws stemmed from federal money being taken.
When you bribe someone you expect them to stay bought.

You see they take your money in taxes and then dole a portion of it back to you so they can control you.
It is basically your own money they bribe you with.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return

Not to mention legal limits for DUI/DWI thanks to the cultural Marxists at MADD.