Gunsmiths?

hokie11

Was looking for someone to swap out my freefloat on my AR15 with a quad rail freefloat... emailed RC Miller but no reply... Anyone else in the PAXR area?

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Doesn't look hard to do if you have the $20 tool. I bought a tool to swap out my sights on my S&W M&Pc 9mm. I just don't like/trust people working on my things. Besides, most of the time you have to leave your gun with them for a day or more. :shrug:

AR-15 Freefloat Quad Rail Installation - YouTube

Last edited:

Inkd

Was looking for someone to swap out my freefloat on my AR15 with a quad rail freefloat... emailed RC Miller but no reply... Anyone else in the PAXR area?

It's not to hard with the armorers wrench. There are a number of good videos on youtube.

If you have a good bench vise I would recommend getting a mag or upper receiver block block to hold everything in place while you work on it. It makes it way easier to work on.

Last edited:

Inkd

I'm interested as well. I want to "Tromix" my Saiga 12 shotgun,

No one in the immediate SOMD area does that kind of work.

I can send you info for a guy that does that stuff, he is up in Glen Burnie but his backlog is way long. I waited 6 or 7 months for mine to be done.

abcxyz

No one in the immediate SOMD area does that kind of work.

I can send you info for a guy that does that stuff, he is up in Glen Burnie but his backlog is way long. I waited 6 or 7 months for mine to be done.

Please do, Tromix is not taking orders until Feb of 2015.

This is pretty awesome:

Inkd

Please do, Tromix is not taking orders until Feb of 2015.

This is pretty awesome:

I just sent him a message to make sure he is taking on new work. His backlog was getting pretty bad since the gunsmithing is part time for him.

I'll let you know what he says. If isn't taking any, there is a guy in Salt Lake City area that I can get you info for if you don't mind shipping.

Inkd

I just stumbled upon that MD Shooters site. If you have heard back from him, please advise or I could contact myself. Thank you for your assistance!

I haven't heard back from him yet. If you want, hit him up through MDSHOOTERS. His inbox fills up fairly quickly though so don't be surprised if you can't get through to him immeditely.

Tell him Inkd from MDSHOOTERS recommended him to you.

There are pictures of my Saiga on Scotts IP page too. It's the one leaning up against the outside wall.

abcxyz

I haven't heard back from him yet. If you want, hit him up through MDSHOOTERS. His inbox fills up fairly quickly though so don't be surprised if you can't get through to him immediately.

Tell him Inkd from MDSHOOTERS recommended him to you.

There are pictures of my Saiga on Scotts IP page too. It's the one leaning up against the outside wall.

I saw it, impressive to say the least.

What mods would you recommend I get done? I'm new at this- not guns but the Saga.

Inkd

I saw it, impressive to say the least.

What mods would you recommend I get done? I'm new at this- not guns but the Saga.

In all honesty, I took my gun to him and told him "do what you would do if it was yours"

I had the money and the time and I really didn't know anything about Saiga's either.

About the only thing I wanted for sure was for it to run on low brass as well as high brass. He recommended the recoil reducing stock and everything else.

Only thing I would do differently would be to use the Krebs sight system. I asked for the H&K sights and after he started working on it, he came up with a way to install Krebs sights where they are functional and aesthetic as well.

My plan was to eventually turn it into a SBS and have the Krebs put on them but with the current madness, who knows if that will happen.

As much as I hate to say it, the best thing to do is get in contact with him and drive on up there one day with the Saiga so he can look at it and get an idea of what he has to work with. At the same time he can give you options according to your budget.

Since I knew I was going to have the money, I went with the best of everything that was available, but, he can work with all budgets.