Hallway Etiquette

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What is it, or is there any? Other than the left side, right side thing. I ask because I find it odd on how some people behave. I always make eye contact, smile and say hello or at least smile and nod to acknowledge their presence. Others keep their eyes completely averted to the floor or to their right pretending that there is no one else around. Why is that?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
What is it, or is there any? Other than the left side, right side thing. I ask because I find it odd on how some people behave. I always make eye contact, smile and say hello or at least smile and nod to acknowledge their presence. Others keep their eyes completely averted to the floor or to their right pretending that there is no one else around. Why is that?
You be scary.

KDENISE977

I notice this in my office too, and I've been here 8 years. There are some people who never, never make eye contact when passing in the hallway or when they're in the kitchen and what not :shrug:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I always just figured, just like driving, you stay to the right and if you pass someone who’s going slower than you, give them the finger. It gives them something to talk about in their morning meetings.

:shrug:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Sometimes I am just thinking about what is going on in my day, wrapped up in the little bit of time that isn't spent cleaning, or cooking, or working, etc.; I am just immersed in my own thoughts. To acknowledge someone in that spare moment of internal reflection is just too much, sometimes. Give me my few precious seconds of solitude and don't make me say "hi" to you when we pass in the hallway.

Since I don't do yoga or meditation, this is the closest thing I can get to blissful peacefulness. :shrug:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I always just figured, just like driving, you stay to the right and if you pass someone who’s going slower than you, give them the finger. It gives them something to talk about in their morning meetings.

:shrug:
And for oncoming traffic, not providing you the attention you deserve, a quick shove to the shoulder puts them into the wall. :yay:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
And for oncoming traffic, not providing you the attention you deserve, a quick shove to the shoulder puts them into the wall. :yay:

:lol:

I like holding the door for people when they're far away. It makes them do that awkward skipping run thing.

KDENISE977

:lol:

I like holding the door for people when they're far away. It makes them do that awkward skipping run thing.

:mad: I hate when people do that :mad: HATE...knock it off I'm happy at my pace.

OR when you are a fast walker, like I am, and you stroll up on a slow walker in front of you in the hallway.... argh.... got places to go people, move it !!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I see someone approaching I usually acknowledge them in some way - smile and say hi. Especially if they look like some antisocial grump, because I know it pisses them off and that's what they get for being an ahole.

When I see someone approaching I usually acknowledge them in some way - smile and say hi. Especially if they look like some antisocial grump, because I know it pisses them off and that's what they get for being an ahole.
Even better verbally invite her to do the ALS challenge...:clap:

I have resting bitch face. :mad: I can't help it. :mad: