Happy Horse Thread

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Took these pictures of my horses recently. They graze, they sleep, then they graze some more. They are some happy horses.

Attachments

• HappyHorses2May16,2009.jpg
    HappyHorses2May16,2009.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 112
  • HappyHorsesMay16,2009.jpg
    HappyHorsesMay16,2009.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 139
  • HappyHorses3May18,2009.jpg
    HappyHorses3May18,2009.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 97
  • ShowBoy'sFamily.jpg
    ShowBoy'sFamily.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 151

BeenSpur'd

I was hoping that some other happy horse owners would post some of their happy horse pictures also. Especially the horses with spots!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I'm not a horse person and would be quite shocked if I saw horses laying down like in #3. I'd think they were :dead: I always thought horses laying down was a bad thing. I guess not!!

mingiz

Horse Poor
Usually they sleep standing. If they feel safe in thier environment they will lay down and go into a deeper sleep than standing. Yes they do look dead..One of mine scared me once I was yelling at him (he was laid out) and he didn't respond. I started in panic mode thinking the worst. :faint: I got closer and yelled again no reply, again closer I yelled and he looked up as to say WTF ya want I was sleeping.. :smack: I cussed that horse for an hour after that.....:doh:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Usually they sleep standing. If they feel safe in thier environment they will lay down and go into a deeper sleep than standing. Yes they do look dead..One of mine scared me once I was yelling at him (he was laid out) and he didn't respond. I started in panic mode thinking the worst. :faint: I got closer and yelled again no reply, again closer I yelled and he looked up as to say WTF ya want I was sleeping.. :smack: I cussed that horse for an hour after that.....:doh:

My dog does that. Neighbors get a kick out of watching her do that to me. :ohwell:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I was hoping that some other happy horse owners would post some of their happy horse pictures also. Especially the horses with spots!

I will have to take my camera and get some pictures of my happy horse and the grass. I will take some pictures of him with his harem. (2 mares in the field)

Wait4It..boom

I love it! They have to sleep and lie on their sides to stretch out to make room for more. Kinda like on Turkey Day when you eat so much you have to lie on the floor on your back to keep the buttons on your pants from exploding!
We've got so much grass coming in that we've lost control of 2 fields. Gonna have to bush hog 'em. Horses won't even eat the tall stuff. Little buggars need to earn their keep!

BeenSpur'd

I love it! They have to sleep and lie on their sides to stretch out to make room for more. Kinda like on Turkey Day when you eat so much you have to lie on the floor on your back to keep the buttons on your pants from exploding!
We've got so much grass coming in that we've lost control of 2 fields. Gonna have to bush hog 'em. Horses won't even eat the tall stuff. Little buggars need to earn their keep!

I've already bush hogged all my fields twice so far this spring. We've had a lot of rain and the fields jump when the sun comes out. I'll be doing it again in a few weeks. Wish I had the equipment to bale some of the field grass, I'd probably would get enough so I wouldn't have to buy any hay.