Happy New Year to Me!

TPD

the poor dad
I read this article yesterday. Today in the mail, I receive my 7 property assessment notices. I'm scared to open them - Thx Brandon!

stgislander

PREMO Member
I read this article yesterday. Today in the mail, I receive my 7 property assessment notices. I'm scared to open them - Thx Brandon!

Not Brandon. Wes has projects to fund.

TPD

the poor dad
Not Brandon. Wes has projects to fund.
But Brandon's money pumping into the economy overall shoved prices of everything up. I believe property value increases are more blamed on the federal level than the state level, at least for the last couple of years.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
But Brandon's money pumping into the economy overall shoved prices of everything up. I believe property value increases are more blamed on the federal level than the state level, at least for the last couple of years.
All that Covid Unemployment Money pumped up everything.

Hell, I'll bet Jeff Bezos and Amazon gleaned a trillion of it alone.

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
I just opened my assessments. On average a 20% increase for my properties. I had 2 properties that did not change at all. These properties were just land, no buildings. My 2 farm parcels with buildings, no houses, increased by 35%! There were no improvements on either of these properties since the last assessment. The 3 properties with houses increased 14%, 22%, & 29%. Again - no improvements on the 3 houses in the last 3 years except a deck replacement on one.

Now the question is - what will the commissioners do with the property tax rate in the next budget cycle?

Clem72

The thread title made me think up a jingle to match your profile pic.

Happy New Year to Me,
I'm a solid 3,
If I had any less teefers,
A SMIB I would be.

Clem72

Man, that's a big hike.
Not too bad for most of Southern Maryland. St. Mary's county limits it to 3% a year if you have a homestead application....except if you're in Leonardtown, then it's the max 10%. Suck it golf course people.

NextJen

Raisin cane
The assessments came for the lots I own in Port Tobacco - Charles County. These are postage stamp size lots that you park an RV on.
Waterfront lots going up 53% and interior lot is going up 55%.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My taxes also went up in Calvert. I live in PF and my little lot is less than 1/2 acre. I looked at it, cursed and then filed it - so I can't tell you the % it went up. :lol:

Just another reason I'm moving south when I retire. :yay: