Harness for lifting

luvscats

My Mom and her 13 yr old, overweight rat terrier, Rambo, will be moving in with me. I'm hoping someone can tell me of a safe, comfortable lift harness that I can put on Rambo and have him wear it all the time. He needs help getting in/out of the car. He gets groomed/bathed once a week.

Also, I'm looking for a dog groomer who is kind and will be familiar with a rat terrier's independent, "don't mess with me" temperament....meaning that he can be a biter. With his current groomer here in Florida I give him acepromazine 2 hrs before I take him to the groomer and she can handle him pretty good. He has known her since he was a puppy.

Thank you.

animalluvr4life

animal luvr
My Mom and her 13 yr old, overweight rat terrier, Rambo, will be moving in with me. I'm hoping someone can tell me of a safe, comfortable lift harness that I can put on Rambo and have him wear it all the time. He needs help getting in/out of the car. He gets groomed/bathed once a week.

Also, I'm looking for a dog groomer who is kind and will be familiar with a rat terrier's independent, "don't mess with me" temperament....meaning that he can be a biter. With his current groomer here in Florida I give him acepromazine 2 hrs before I take him to the groomer and she can handle him pretty good. He has known her since he was a puppy.

Thank you.

why don't you try petco since you live in calvert county or petsmart which ever it is near you and see if they will work with you or try to find a mobile groomer who will come to you instead of you going to them.

maybe catt might know someone since you two live near each other and I bet she takes the boxers to be groomed on occasion.

luvscats

why don't you try petco since you live in calvert county or petsmart which ever it is near you and see if they will work with you or try to find a mobile groomer who will come to you instead of you going to them.

maybe catt might know someone since you two live near each other and I bet she takes the boxers to be groomed on occasion.

I'll check with catt. The harnesses I've checked out on-line have rec'd mixed reviews. One caused skin reactions, another lifted too close to the front legs. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with having to lift an older dog. I'm in Fla now at my Mom's house and I'll check out the Petco that is nearby. Thanks :)

ginwoman

I'll check with catt. The harnesses I've checked out on-line have rec'd mixed reviews. One caused skin reactions, another lifted too close to the front legs. I was just wondering if anyone had experience with having to lift an older dog. I'm in Fla now at my Mom's house and I'll check out the Petco that is nearby. Thanks :)

Good luck with everything. Sounds like you're making a major big change for your mom and her dog.

Roman

Harness

You might want to check with FF at Pepper's Pet Pantry. She knows a group that works with pets with disabilities here in Calvert. She might be able to give you contact information, and I know that Joyce could help you.

luvscats

oh you're right! I've been so busy here at Mom's house I didn't think of Peppers or Dogs with Disabilities. Thanks.... :)