Harry Potter

buddy999

It's Great to be American
Geek said:
Anyone else thinking of reading #1-#6 one more time before #7 this summer? :popcorn:

To speed things up, I'll watch the movies for the first 4 and then maybe listen to the CDs for 5 and 6. It would take to long to read all 6 books.

buddy999

It's Great to be American
CrunchTime said:
So when does the next movie come out? :shrug: I thought it was usually in November. I cant wait. :yay:

I may have this backwards but I believe the book hits the shelves on July 20th and the 5th movie hits the theaters on July 13th.

Last edited:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
DotTheEyes said:
Correct. Movie on July 13th. Novel seven days later.

The movie is now opening on July 11...any idea why? Can pre-order tickets for the showing in LPCity NOW!!!!

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Geek said:
I want to read 1 thru 6 again before 7 comes out. Half way thru 1 :lmao: The race is on.

Halfway through #4 - I'm probably not going to make all 6!!!

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
my-thyme said:
The movie is now opening on July 11...any idea why? Can pre-order tickets for the showing in LPCity NOW!!!!

I'm not sure why Warner Bros. decided to release it on a Wednesday instead of the more conventional Friday. Maybe they're hoping hardcore fans will see it early, spread positive word-of-mouth on Thursday and Friday, and convince general moviegoers to see it instead of the main competition (Transformers, Ratatouille, Live Free or Die Hard).

Releasing it on a Wednesday ruins its chance of surpassing Spider-Man 3's box office opening record though. Too many will see it before Friday-to-Sunday.

briancpest

Well, I think she did perfect with the timing and story of the books. The series really fit 6 years worth of story amazingly well so far.... and none of it really felt like it was a tangent to the main story. She must've put a lot of effort and thought into this, because it really is fitting into seven books perfectly. However, the sad part is, there's only one way the story can truly end.....

I mean, think about it. Everyone that's been important to Harry has been very close to death, or has died. I honestly think the only survivor of the series in the end, if there are ANY, will most likely be Hagrid. Mainly because he became more of a bit character in the later books, and supposedly won't be involved very much at all in the last one. I personally see all the main characters (ie. Harry, Ron, Hermione, etc. ) as being dead meat after this last book. That's just my prediction.

Although, there was that prophecy in the Order of the Pheonix.....

Bay_Kat

Tropical
briancpest said:
Well, I think she did perfect with the timing and story of the books. The series really fit 6 years worth of story amazingly well so far.... and none of it really felt like it was a tangent to the main story. She must've put a lot of effort and thought into this, because it really is fitting into seven books perfectly. However, the sad part is, there's only one way the story can truly end.....

I mean, think about it. Everyone that's been important to Harry has been very close to death, or has died. I honestly think the only survivor of the series in the end, if there are ANY, will most likely be Hagrid. Mainly because he became more of a bit character in the later books, and supposedly won't be involved very much at all in the last one. I personally see all the main characters (ie. Harry, Ron, Hermione, etc. ) as being dead meat after this last book. That's just my prediction.

Although, there was that prophecy in the Order of the Pheonix.....

I think I'm looking forward to the new book more than the new movie, although I can't wait for either. I did read this, which doesn't give much of a clue about the book ending, but sounds like you better get your tissues out.

Rowling sobbed while writing end to ‘Potter’
“When I finished one chapter near the end I absolutely howled,” she told the BBC television presenter.

“I was sobbing my heart out — I downed half a bottle of champagne from the mini bar in one and went home with mascara all over my face. That was really tough.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19644420/

watercolor

yeah yeah
Nice. Real fricking nice! :lmao: Like we need to be reminded that the last book will be the last of HP. So sucky! But whatever! I cannnot wait.

Oh and btw- I read in the parade.. that J.K. is worth more than the queen. That is absolutely brilliant! :lmao:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
watercolor said:
Nice. Real fricking nice! :lmao: Like we need to be reminded that the last book will be the last of HP. So sucky! But whatever! I cannnot wait.

Oh and btw- I read in the parade.. that J.K. is worth more than the queen. That is absolutely brilliant! :lmao:

Yes is is sad to see it coming to an end. J.K. is amaizing which is why she's a billionaire but it's one of those things where you say "why didn't I think of that?" I'll be sad to see the end of it but having the entire collection I look forward to my daughter reading them when she's older.

DotTheEyes

Movie Fan
Just six more days! :yay:

I read a rumor about who dies. If it turns out to be true, I'll regret having read it. Damn me and my lack of self-control. :wench:

joedancer

bookman
Just a little shameless commerce, I will be hosting a Harry Potter party on Friday evening at 11:00 and the latest book is for sale at midnight. I am only posting this as it seems there are quite a few fans here. I have 50 copies for sale, and half have been reserved already. I hope to see some of you!
Fenwick Street Used Books & Music, Leonardtown.

PM me if you have any questions.

My best,
Joe

SamSpade

DotTheEyes said:
Just six more days! :yay:

I read a rumor about who dies. If it turns out to be true, I'll regret having read it. Damn me and my lack of self-control. :wench:

I've read the same rumors and I will be similarly bummed. My sister claims to have read it already - and claims to have read the fakes - and told me some things I sure wouldn't want to know, true or false.

I'm hoping her "real" copy was also fake.

maylinduplantis

gunslinger
HP Lexicon

You can get some of the greatest synopsis' on the books, outlines of each chapter, chapter for chapter break down, cross references, lists, just about everything to bone up for Book 7... it's faster than reading through the books again and will make you go "Holy crap, I nearly forgot about that!"

watercolor

yeah yeah
joedancer said:
Just a little shameless commerce, I will be hosting a Harry Potter party on Friday evening at 11:00 and the latest book is for sale at midnight. I am only posting this as it seems there are quite a few fans here. I have 50 copies for sale, and half have been reserved already. I hope to see some of you!
Fenwick Street Used Books & Music, Leonardtown.

PM me if you have any questions.

My best,
Joe

Nice turnout Joe!

WE were there!

Thanks for doing a great job!! :)

smoothmarine187

juggy4805 said:
Maybe number 6 because it was awesome. I really didn't like 1-3. I can't wait for number 7 though.

:faint: I knew you weren't a real hard hitting brotha. Wait until I tell everyone at Cadillac Jacks that you read Harry Potter :lol: