Has anybody heard about the student at LHS?

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
Just making sure here?

So the average grade is 60%?

Kids always ask for help and she doesn't give it?

She rarely grades assignments?

Her desk is a mess and unorganized?

Even tho this is an AP or College class; doesn't everyone need help no matter what the class is? Isn't that what "learning" is all about?

If she has a history of being this way (as mentioned above), then how does she have a good record or is that what the Board of Ed wants us to think? I do know the BOE would NEVER EVER tell you if a teacher had a bad history or any disciplinary (sp) issues.

Again...I'm not too sure about this but it just doesn't add up and usually when things don't add up its because there are pieces (of convenience) missing. I dont know ANYONE involved and don't care to, but it worries me that if the average grade is in the 60% for an AP class; then why isn't/wasn't this teacher being looked at long before now?

Just explain it to me without throwing a hissy behind the keyboard.

Its just a question not trying to :duel:

TY

L

luckystar

You can't start your own thread about something that has already been discussed. It's the rule, and you'll be appropriately berated for doing it.

I learned that the hard way over on the Buzzlife forums a few years ago :)

Seems to be universal forum etiquette.

it worries me that if the average grade is in the 60% for an AP class; then why isn't/wasn't this teacher being looked at long before now?
Re-think your question... Does it make sense that if there were no success stories in the A/P college class that it would be ignored? No it doesn't. We have had several post on here that they have kids that passed that very same class. If it doesn't make sense... it doens't hold much water does it?

Techno Kat

Re-think your question... Does it make sense that if there were no success stories in the A/P college class that it would be ignored? No it doesn't. We have had several post on here that they have kids that passed that very same class. If it doesn't make sense... it doens't hold much water does it?
I agree.

Meh, it's nothing. Anybody can do it.
Can do what?

B

Beth_kennedy

Mine passed but some of the things they are saying I have heard way before this....:shrug:

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED

That's exactly what I thought...that's why I was questioning it.

L

luckystar

So the average grade is 60%?

Kids always ask for help and she doesn't give it?

She rarely grades assignments?

Her desk is a mess and unorganized?

Even tho this is an AP or College class; doesn't everyone need help no matter what the class is? Isn't that what "learning" is all about?

If she has a history of being this way (as mentioned above), then how does she have a good record or is that what the Board of Ed wants us to think? I do know the BOE would NEVER EVER tell you if a teacher had a bad history or any disciplinary (sp) issues.

Again...I'm not too sure about this but it just doesn't add up and usually when things don't add up its because there are pieces (of convenience) missing. I dont know ANYONE involved and don't care to, but it worries me that if the average grade is in the 60% for an AP class; then why isn't/wasn't this teacher being looked at long before now?

Just explain it to me without throwing a hissy behind the keyboard.

Its just a question not trying to :duel:

TY

Sometimes I really think the BOE needs to get their priorities straight. My boyfriend was just telling me yesterday that while he was in HS a few of his friends were practically forced into AP classes so that GMHS would have a higher number of students in those type of classes. Then when they started failing, they wouldn't let them switch. It seems so silly, because that doesn't just reflect poorly on the students - but the school's ratings as well.