Health Dept. to lay off up to 20 people

C

CalvertNewbie

I think they should lay off some life long welfare recipients first.

That's a great idea, talk about saving the state a ton of money! Do you think MOM will take your advice on that? :lol:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and condolences but my situation really isn't that bad...See, I am retired with 36 years of Federal Service...So I still have my Health Ins and benefits from that...This was a 3 day a week job (Mon, Tues, & Wed)...It helped out a lot financially but it keeps me sane too...I really enjoyed getting up and going to work at 5:30 in the morning and getting off at 2 with a 10 minute commute...I do really feel bad for the other people that have 15 years in and are just shoved out the door...I am in Environmental Health...I took water samples and certified new wells potable to drink..My job will still get done but just not by me...It had nothing to do with my performance or anything like that...I was just the person in that particular position that only had 5 1/2 years....I am not bitter toward the Health Dept or anyone over there that was involved in the decision...I am kind of pizzed at MOM (or the State) for cutting Health Departments all across the state now with health being such a big issue....I think there is a mismanagement of funds in Annapolis....BTW, I am NOT going to jump off the TJB and tie up traffic...I like me too much to do that..

Last edited: