Healthcare is a Basic Human Right

black dog

Free America
Seems it would just be easier to unplug Charlie and hand him to dad. He will be dead before dad can get to the elevator. Dad can simply ride the elevator down to the Pathology Dept in the basement.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Have you read the latest? Courts have denied treatment and want to allow the child to die. Parents want to take the child home for it's last hours.

Now the hospital is not allowing the couple to take the child home because it will die as soon as it is removed from life support and there is no medical facility in place at the home to accommodate the child.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4650642/Doctors-refuse-let-Charlie-Gard-s-parents-home.html

This has now passed into absurd.

Those parents are psychotic. That baby is not going to make it home and would likely die in the car on the way. Then what are they going to do? Blame the hospital for that, too? Have him stuffed and mounted on the wall? Start him a FB page and Twitter feed? This has gone beyond ghoulish.

Do they intend to return the £1.4 mil in donations?

black dog

Free America
I swear you and Larry Gude are soul mates.

00051093-924c-1664-cb8c-c3fa951bee56_110.jpg

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yes.

To the casual observer, it appeared you were making a "right to life" argument; an ethical argument, as opposed to a political or economical one. The giveaway was when others made the point about socialized healthcare and you proceeded to argue with them, which would indicate you disagree or are on a different astral plane.

I swear you and Larry Gude are soul mates.

In the end, these things always have a moral component to it. But I think I made it clear early on with a comment like this "this is what socialized medicine looks like", as if to say "are you sure this is what you want here; to have the government intrude into family medical matters?"

I believe this child is dead because the government decided that was more economically sound. Legalized murder. I believe there was a chance for these American doctors to provide their medical expertise to save this child. Even if there was the smallest of chances, Charlie should have been given the opportunity. This is, indeed the moral argument... Charlie was a human being, and LIFE is everyone's first birth right.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I don't care. If I suck at something I want to know about it; not be in denial about it. I aim to improve my communications skills. And Vrai saying it isn't coming from some "you also suck as a person" standpoint. I can always count on Vrai to be brutally honest. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And you'd leave your child in that hospital in the hands of the very people that resulted in Charlie's death?

Um, the hospital didn't cause his illness and are therefore not responsible for his death. All they did was prolong the inevitable.

If it were me, I'd have let him go long ago and not turned my baby's death into a media circus and psycho feeding frenzy, not to mention moneymaking scheme.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's not a socialized medicine issue, we've had plenty of cases here where the hospital has gotten a guardian appointed to take medical decisions away from the parents.

remember this one?
https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...-negligence/jCrlgTQBVikJtokEnlFBmN/story.html

Did you know Justina Pelletier has the same disease as baby Charlie? Mitochondrial Disease. And she's still alive.

The Justina Pelletier story is only similar in the sense that she was taken away from her parents against their will because they misdiagnosed her condition. In the end, the parents sued and won.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't care. If I suck at something I want to know about it; not be in denial about it. I aim to improve my communications skills. And Vrai saying it isn't coming from some "you also suck as a person" standpoint. I can always count on Vrai to be brutally honest. :lol:

Someone needs to care enough about you to be honest. I'll leave it to others to blow the sunshine up the asses. :huggy:

black dog

Free America
And you'd leave your child in that hospital in the hands of the very people that resulted in Charlie's death?

So the doctors gave him this disease that maybe 15 other people have in the world and kills you generally within two years?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I believe there was a chance for these American doctors to provide their medical expertise to save this child.

Actually, the American doctor wanted to do experimental treatment. AKA use him as a lab rat and guinea pig.

Which is fine, but let's call things what they are.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did you know Justina Pelletier has the same disease as baby Charlie? Mitochondrial Disease. And she's still alive.

No. Charlie Gard has other severe complications and is not in the same situation as Justina Pelletier.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Actually, the American doctor wanted to do experimental treatment. AKA use him as a lab rat and guinea pig.

Which is fine, but let's call things what they are.

Oh, so we have a Josef Mengele situation here? You really have an extreme way of trying make your point; and I don't even know what point you're trying to make here.

This is it, your child is going to die. There is nothing else out there. And you're going to say no at a chance to save your own child, simply because you refuse your child to be used as a "lab rat".

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Oh, so we have a Josef Mengele situation here? You really have an extreme way of trying make your point; and I don't even know what point you're trying to make here.

This is it, your child is going to die. There is nothing else out there. And you're going to say no at a chance to save your own child, simply because you refuse your child to be used as a "lab rat".
experimental is exactly that..experimental. The doctor called it that. Simple stuff.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, so we have a Josef Mengele situation here? You really have an extreme way of trying make your point

Um, actually the extremist here is you. You're the one crying about Mengele, not me.

Death seems to bother you, a professed Christian, much more than it does me. You also seem unwilling to "let go and let God", whereas I, the atheist, am completely comfortable with it.

There is much irony to be found.