Heard a Rumor

thurley42

HY;FR
i didnt even have to read the first page and I knew someone was going to BASH WALDORF for being ghetto...

some of you people are so predictable....

i find it hard to beleive that if waldorf was so ghetto how come route 5 traffic north out of st marys county is always backed up thursday evenings - Saturday nights...

predictable because it's true? maybe

I wouldn't know...I normally go up 4 when going to DC so i reduce the threat of being carjacked in waldorf...

thurley42

HY;FR
LOL @ carjacked in Waldorf.....yeah right.

I'm being a smarta$$ of course....

But what i am serious about is there really is nothing up there that I'm interested in, the mall has no stores, with the exception of Dick's that I frequent, and the shenanigans previously listed are the types of things i've grown accustomed to there...i'll gladly drive a little further to Annapolis to go out and have a pleasant evening with zero problems. But that's just my thing, not for everyone....

KeepItR3al

Live, Laugh, Love
Heard a Rumor that Waldorf area is getting a Cheesecake Factory AND a Ruth Cris. Anyone have any further info - I love both of these resturaunts and would defintely make the 45 minute drive.

I didn't read through all 19 pages so, I'm not sure if you ever got an answer. The Peterson Companies (developer planning The Waldorf Town Center which will include Ruth's Chris, Cheesecake Factory, Whole Foods,etc) still has this listed as a project on their website. However, I haven't seen a start date for the project. Maybe you can check their website every now and then to find a status for the project.

Peterson Companies Website:Retail Portfolio

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
I'm being a smarta$$ of course....

But what i am serious about is there really is nothing up there that I'm interested in, the mall has no stores, with the exception of Dick's that I frequent, and the shenanigans previously listed are the types of things i've grown accustomed to there...i'll gladly drive a little further to Annapolis to go out and have a pleasant evening with zero problems. But that's just my thing, not for everyone....

:yay: I have been known to go outside of Waldorf to shop. I used to hate going into Hechts when Hechts was still there. I don't want to get started on it, but I think that is when I realized that Waldorf was seriously going downhill; besides the crime and everything else.

sinwagon

For the price of housing down here, we should have stayed....why do you hate, I bet you wish you had a husband so you didn't have to work either. It's the NY way...distinguished men would never have their wives work.

Ruth's Chris is awesome but not something anyone could afford to do very often. Maybe once a month or so and with my 3 hungry teenagers....we would have to leave them at home!

Never had cheesecake factory but heard it was good so I look forward to that as well.

As far as well distinguished men not having their wives work....are you saying the rest of us are married to slobs? I mean until you said that, I had no issue with anything you said but if that's what you are saying take your uppity a$$ back to wherever you came from. With NYC being pretty much the city of independance (yes I have been there a few times) I saw QUITE A FEW working women. You will be the one left high and dry when your hubby leaves because you have no skills, desire, will, strength, & determination to do anything to provide for yourself due to being a "kept woman" all this time. Those of us that have those skills, is the TRUE definition of what a woman is.

Even if I could afford to stay home, if my children are in school, I feel no need to and certainly would not act as if someone was beneath me because they could not afford to stay home. One day the shoe may be on the other foot and I hope you find someone who is sympathetic to the hard work you put in rather than throw back in your face what a snob you are!

sinwagon

Chill out, let a man wine and dine you....being cared for is so much better. Trust me, I know.

You make it sound like a business partnership more than a marriage, wait until you hit hard times, that will put your marriage to the test and lets see how much xanex, prozac and whatever meds you can get your hands on it takes you to cope.

I have been married for 15 years and have 3 great kids and we have hit some tough times here and there neither of us were born with a silver spoon in our mouths and we have busted our butt for all those years to have the nice house, new car, money in our pocket etc. But guess what? I would not love him any less if we didn't have those things.

Being single vs. married is a personal choice and who are you to knock it when someone chooses to be single? You certainly are judgemental so if you don't want to be judged, stop judging!

sinwagon

My husband is not in the Navy - and if the relationship does not make it, I'll be financially secure....

So you are saying money is more important to you than you spouse??? Gee formites can you feel the love here???[/QUOTE]

And she is saying she has doubt in her relationship surviving with the big old IF.

sux2b44

I heart CLeValley
So you are saying money is more important to you than you spouse??? Gee formites can you feel the love here???

And she is saying she has doubt in her relationship surviving with the big old IF.[/QUOTE]

She is a money grubbing biatch!!!

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
You should always request to see his financial portfolio before marrying, and be sure at least 1/2 of those assets are transfered into your name upon marriage. Including any and all previous and future investments.

Nothing wrong with that . Prenump is a good thing. :shrug:

Last edited:
K

Kain99

Financial Security is important to me too! Wasn't when I was 20 but it sure as heck is now! Ya'll are a bunch of hating Mo Fo's! :lol:

Walmartsucks

Just because a 30 something man seems to be stable, that isn't always the case. He could be on the verge of his midlife crisis and they you are SOL.

You should always request to see his financial portfolio before marrying, and be sure at least 1/2 of those assets are transfered into your name upon marriage. Including any and all previous and future investments.[/QUOTE]

Ok I am just reading this thread getting ready to get my butt to bed...BUT can I just say MORON!!!!!!!! What are you going to do when he dumps your butt to the curb, gets into a bad accident and can't work or, god forbid, dies. Life insurance will only get you so far. DanceMom sounds like a stuck up B***H!!!!!!!! I certainly hope your hubby never finds out you married him only for his ability to make $$$. And if he does I hope he isn't too much of a sucker to give you the boot. MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ironintestines

Non-Premo
I didn't read through all 19 pages so, I'm not sure if you ever got an answer. The Peterson Companies (developer planning The Waldorf Town Center which will include Ruth's Chris, Cheesecake Factory, Whole Foods,etc) still has this listed as a project on their website. However, I haven't seen a start date for the project. Maybe you can check their website every now and then to find a status for the project.

Peterson Companies Website:Retail Portfolio

It's planned to be where the Stardust was located. That area will look like the Reston Town center when it's done..
Peterson's pet project is the harbor right now