Heat Rash? Allergic reaction?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
BabyGurl1978 said:
:huggy:

WOW, that didn't look like chicken pox to me and I would thought he would be scratching the heck out of them. He hasn't had a chicken pox vaccine?? Poor guy!!

He has had it but it's not 100%. I didn't think it looked like chicken pox either. I thought CP was little blister like bumps that popped and then crusted over and they're bigger. I have a couple chicken pox scars that are 4 times the size of his "pimples." I'm not 100% convinced but she's the doc and even she said she wasn't 100%. We go back on Monday for another look. :ohwell:

BabyGurl1978

Gone Crazy
kwillia said:
I'm thinking it could be because of the vaccine that he may be having such a mild reaction to it...:shrug: Did the doc say anything similar in nature, Pix...:confused:

Could be possible but, I wouldn't think it would affect him this far along though. I am assuming around 8-9 months or so they give the vaccine out...confusing but anything is possible.

BabyGurl1978

Gone Crazy
pixiegirl said:
He has had it but it's not 100%. I didn't think it looked like chicken pox either. I thought CP was little blister like bumps that popped and then crusted over and they're bigger. I have a couple chicken pox scars that are 4 times the size of his "pimples." I'm not 100% convinced but she's the doc and even she said she wasn't 100%. We go back on Monday for another look. :ohwell:

Good Job, well I suppose all you can do is continue with that cortizone to keep him from not itching. Oh yeah don't tell me about the scars from chicken pox, I have them to. Them chicken pox are no fun to have that is for sure. Wow, all 3 of mine have had the shot and have had no problems so I am thinking that it could be something else. I sure hope it doesn't start spreading more and more over the weekend.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kwillia said:
I'm thinking it could be because of the vaccine that he may be having such a mild reaction to it...:shrug: Did the doc say anything similar in nature, Pix...:confused:

Nope, just that she wasn't convinced and wanted him to come back Monday. To see if it's changed in apperance or spread further. They can culter to find out for sure but it takes sometimes up to 14 days and by that time you're already sure if it is or isn't.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
pixiegirl said:

You know, I was thinking they looked like chicken pox but figured nah..he's had the shot. But the vaccination doesn't give certain protection, they can still get it but not as worse. If it is, you will know. Takes few days for them to scab over. My youngest had a mild case when he was about 16 months old..he was never bothered by them.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
pixiegirl said:
Nope, just that she wasn't convinced and wanted him to come back Monday. To see if it's changed in apperance or spread further. They can culter to find out for sure but it takes sometimes up to 14 days and by that time you're already sure if it is or isn't.
It is a strange time of year for chicken pox, I would give him a benedryl tonight to rule out some sort of allergic reaction.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
cattitude said:
You know, I was thinking they looked like chicken pox but figured nah..he's had the shot. But the vaccination doesn't give certain protection, they can still get it but not as worse. If it is, you will know. Takes few days for them to scab over. My youngest had a mild case when he was about 16 months old..he was never bothered by them.

Was it pimply looking or more like a blister?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
pixiegirl said:
Was it pimply looking or more like a blister?

They look kinda like pimples until they pop and crust over. Any under his arms? Butt crack? Groin area? I know..weird, but the warm areas seem to be the best spots for a breakout. Is he running a slight fever? How do his eyes look?

morganj614

cattitude said:
They look kinda like pimples until they pop and crust over. Any under his arms? Butt crack? Groin area? I know..weird, but the warm areas seem to be the best spots for a breakout. Is he running a slight fever? How do his eyes look?

I thought they looked like chicken pox too but they hadn't spread yet. I'm starting to itch in sympathy.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
cattitude said:

None in strange places. He just has a little patch right over the shoulder, like the shoulder blade area. No fever at all. He's not uncomforatable at all. Eyes and mouth look normal. I checked the mouth yesterday after Pete said to. The only abnormality beside the rash itself is last night he would not go to bed. Would not, would not. It was every bit of 10:30 before he went down and he was up at 7:30 which is super early for him. But that can be attributed to him being 2 and wanting to throw me for a loop at any given time. He's usually an 8pm-8am-er.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
pixiegirl said:
None in strange places. He just has a little patch right over the shoulder, like the shoulder blade area. No fever at all. He's not uncomforatable at all. Eyes and mouth look normal. I checked the mouth yesterday after Pete said to. The only abnormality beside the rash itself is last night he would not go to bed. Would not, would not. It was every bit of 10:30 before he went down and he was up at 7:30 which is super early for him. But that can be attributed to him being 2 and wanting to throw me for a loop at any given time. He's usually an 8pm-8am-er.

May just be a slight case. Wonder if they're going around now? Usually you hear of SOMEBODY else with them...although not as much since the shot. Used to be two definite times..always seemed like Easter and Christmas.

pixiegirl said:
Strange, I have a similar thing on my left sholder blade area and left chest area as well though mine are not over as large an area. I thought they were some sort of bug bites, they itched for a day or so and now it doesnt really bother me. I thought they might have been fleas or something, but the pup got his flea and tick meds a couple weeks ago and my place is clean so I guess that rules that out.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
thakidistight said:
Strange, I have a similar thing on my left sholder blade area and left chest area as well though mine are not over as large an area. I thought they were some sort of bug bites, they itched for a day or so and now it doesnt really bother me. I thought they might have been fleas or something, but the pup got his flea and tick meds a couple weeks ago and my place is clean so I guess that rules that out.

:jameo: and you shook my hand.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
thakidistight said:

Do they look like pimples? Have you and G been hanging out on the down-low? He really doesn't go to bed at 8 does he? He's sneaking out the window and going picking up chicks with you isn't he?

pixiegirl said:
Do they look like pimples? Have you and G been hanging out on the down-low? He really doesn't go to bed at 8 does he? He's sneaking out the window and going picking up chicks with you isn't he?
Yeah they do look like pimples.

And I pick him and to take him to the bars and use him as my mascot. Kinda like trolling for fish, except its trolling for chicks. :yay:

And sorry Catt and Otter, you have been infected!!! Muwhahahaha!!!

I think if it was transferrable, my roomate would be complaining about it.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
thakidistight said:
Yeah they do look like pimples.

And I pick him and to take him to the bars and use him as my mascot. Kinda like trolling for fish, except its trolling for chicks. :yay:

And sorry Catt and Otter, you have been infected!!! Muwhahahaha!!!

I think if it was transferrable, my roomate would be complaining about it.

Being at the bar would explain his driving....

Last edited:

Katt

I'm no doctor, but my kids have had chicken pox.. they don't look like pimples, but more like little droplets of water on the skin. Sort of clear filled bumps. Of course, they burst if scratched and then scab over. Have you changed anything in your clothes detergent? too young probably to have gotten chiggers... Roseola tends to spread but has a high inexplicable fever before the rash appears. I don't know. I'm assuming you googled rashes, right? Good luck.