Heavily armed left-wing group tries to intimidate liberal reporter filming them. It doesn’t work.

glhs837

Power with Control
Weekends I hit my place in Southern Indiana, let's call it Kentuckiana. Prepers and the Militia groups are popular, and add to that Batesville, IN home of Batesville Casket Co and the closed super stores, factorys and Coors lite and it's absolutely amazing what some in America really believe.

My first wife was from Cloverdale, got to spend some interesting hours in the truck stop there :) Now she's near that Army base south of Indy.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Still looking for AZ law, but in TX ( and I would assume most states):

Section 42.01 (a) (8) of the penal code, which states a person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly "displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm."

black dog

Free America
I'd have to get a legal opinion..

I shared my thoughts, and my opinion.. and asked..

"What's the difference between pulling a gun from a holster and holding it with finger on the trigger guard or trigger (considered brandishing) and what they are doing?"

To which you didn't provide an answer or an argument to, just a picture showing them doing exactly that.

In the military this is considered an aggressive and offensive pose, and Ready Carry.. Generally speaking, when armed in a peaceful environment 1) No MAGAZINE.. and 2) Sling Arms.. NO intent to actually use the weapon.

I'm gonna say it again there Bob, your feeling and opinions are irrelevant. You backup your side with Cites of what Arizona or the City of Phoenix laws they are breaking.

We have laws here for what we CAN'T DO, not what we can do.

So with your feeling anybody open carrying should carry a empty firearm?
Sorry, it's hard to defend yourself in that manner.
Stop posting opinions, it's doesn't mean $hit.

The facts are simple, if in fact the protesters had broken the law, they would have been arrested.
I see open carry everyday, it's OK in Free America.

Last edited:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Just looking at MDShooters.com, it doesn't appear that MD law recognizes "brandishing". Waving or pointing a gun at someone would get you charged with 1st degree assault.

Dollars to Doughnuts.. MD IF you're lucky enough to have a concealed permit, if you pulled that gun out of the holster in a public place and your life wasn't at risk, you're getting charged with something if a cop is nearby, and I think that would true in almost any state, open or concealed carry.

You pull a gun out of it's holster (open or concealed) in today's environment and there isn't an imminent threat, very high probability that you're going to get arrested.

I bring this up because all of the photos, and videos of "Open Carry Protestors" whether in the country walking down a highway, or walking into Chipotle they seemed to be very careful and were very precise in their method of carry.. usually slung across their backs.

I don't recall seeing anyone at an Open Carry demonstration actually in a Ready Carry position.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm gonna say it again there Bob, your feeling and opinions are irrelevant. You backup your side with Cites of what Arizona or the City of Phoenix laws they are breaking.

The facts are simple, if in fact the protesters had broken the law, they would have been arrested.

And you still haven't answered the question..

And no.. people break the law.. EVEN On TV EVERY day and don't get arrested..

Sometimes even the cops weigh benefits and risk and decide to let them go..

black dog

Free America
Still looking for AZ law, but in TX ( and I would assume most states):

Section 42.01 (a) (8) of the penal code, which states a person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly "displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm."

But yet, I don't believe anyone was arrested Bob. Hummmmmmm. I'll be damned.

black dog

Free America
And you still haven't answered the question..

And no.. people break the law.. EVEN On TV EVERY day and don't get arrested..

Sometimes even the cops weigh benefits and risk and decide to let them go..

Negro please, there's no question to answer. I'm a Combat Veteran myself Bob.
I understand what a threat is, and folks carrying is certainly not a threat. It to me and a huge portion of free America. Your certainly uncomfortable, again Bob, laws arn't put in place to make you comfortable.
don't forget Maryland has open carry long guns.

black dog

Free America
Dollars to Doughnuts.. MD IF you're lucky enough to have a concealed permit, if you pulled that gun out of the holster in a public place and your life wasn't at risk, you're getting charged with something if a cop is nearby, and I think that would true in almost any state, open or concealed carry.

You pull a gun out of it's holster (open or concealed) in today's environment and there isn't an imminent threat, very high probability that you're going to get arrested.

I bring this up because all of the photos, and videos of "Open Carry Protestors" whether in the country walking down a highway, or walking into Chipotle they seemed to be very careful and were very precise in their method of carry.. usually slung across their backs.

I don't recall seeing anyone at an Open Carry demonstration actually in a Ready Carry position.

Don't equat MD law into Arizona law, and you just can't keep trying to change the paradigm of what is going on in Arizona.
And your lack of knowledge in the open carry of firearms is lacking.

Carrying on there backs just makes you more comfortable, it has nothing to do with the laws of Open Carrying..

I have metal to shear.. I'LL BE BACK.......

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

From the vid, I think the reporters blase manner, again as a self described liberal who was in sympathy with them at first, it's pretty clear that a bunch of dimwits with little or no training or experience in evidence, surrounded by a squad of scary black death rays, then the verbally beligerant and offensive direction the thing took, and he then seemed even less worried about them, speaks volumes as to how the locals perceive Illudium pU238 Space Modulators being bandied about: let us know when someone actually does something worth setting down the tacos for.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And I'll go you one further: buddy lived in Zona back in the oughts and knew of people, from day 1, who saw good ol dubbya for what he turned out to be: a big gummint new world order freak. At the time I was put off by this. Why, he's one of the good guys! How dare they?

black dog

Free America
From the vid, I think the reporters blase manner, again as a self described liberal who was in sympathy with them at first, it's pretty clear that a bunch of dimwits with little or no training or experience in evidence, surrounded by a squad of scary black death rays, then the verbally beligerant and offensive direction the thing took, and he then seemed even less worried about them, speaks volumes as to how the locals perceive Illudium pU238 Space Modulators being bandied about: let us know when someone actually does something worth setting down the tacos for.

People all excited and not a single booger hook on a space ray bang switch.wtf

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
But wait. There's more. . . .

Phoenix Liberal Gunners.jpg

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

"What's the difference between pulling a gun from a holster and holding it with finger on the trigger guard or trigger (considered brandishing) and what they are doing?"

If you and I were having a tense conversation and I started getting frustrated with your attitude because you weren't coming around to my way of thinking and I pulled my weapon from its holster and brought it forward to my chest in a ready position and said, "Lookie here mofo, you better change your attitude", that would be brandishing. Same if I just pulled up my shirt to display and show the weapon sitting in my waistband holster without even removing it. It is all about intent. To instill fear and uncertainty. Now, always carrying at a ready state is not optimal, unless you are on patrol in some far away hell hole, but hey, people are gonna do what people are gonna do. If they were all standing around with their rifles on their backs and handguns in their holsters and as soon as someone approached them brought them to a ready position, that would be brandishing. As long as they are peaceful and not threatening anyone, it is not brandishing. Brandishing is to threaten with intent of physical harm.