Help me out with something, please

SamSpade

plus is it something you are going to feel like more than say once or twice a month?

THIS. We go to places like Bollywood sometimes, but it's not something we're going to go to all the time.
Something else I haven't noticed anyone mention here but another consideration is - kids.
One of my kids, it's a nightly fight to get him to eat anything, and he is way underweight.
The other two, they'll try things but one will also just quit eating if she doesn't like it, and the other pretty much wants typical American fare.

Basically, it's not worth the cost to feed an entire family if two or three family members won't eat it.
They're also young, so they're not big on steak.
That leaves us with big chains, Italian, Chinese and Mexican. Anything else, and we're throwing money away.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
See, and I love Thai food and give EZ Thai a solid C. It's merely okay, nothing spectacular.

I would give it a B - not the best I have had (that was in Virginia Beach) but the servers worked as a team and were very attentive.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would give it a B - not the best I have had (that was in Virginia Beach) but the servers worked as a team and were very attentive.

The service is very good and the staff is great. But the soup makes me angry because there's nothing to it and you have to doctor it at the table to get it to taste like anything. The Tom Yum at Thai Inter is much better.

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Just a clarification:
No, there are NOT 3 Stoney's owned restaurants on Solomon's Island. Solomon's Pier is not owned or operated by the Stone family. There are 3 investor/owners of the 'new' Solomon's Pier one of which was the manager when it was part of the 'Stoney's family'.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just a clarification: No, there are NOT 3 Stoney's owned restaurants on Solomon's Island. Solomon's Pier is not owned or operated by the Stone family. There are 3 investor/owners of the 'new' Solomon's Pier one of which was the manager when it was part of the 'Stoney's family'.

My bad. Stoney's @ Clarkes Landing seems to be going downhill. From what I understand, some of their staff have gone back over to The Pier.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I keep meaning to inquire about this but does anyone know what type of food truck is parked in Jerry's Seafood parking lot?

Someone posted a thing on FB, it's called The Little Red Wagon. Looks like they do Steak and Cheese, Italian sausage with onions and peppers, and Italian Subs. Not sure if they do more. They have a page on Facebook, but I don't see a website listed.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Someone posted a thing on FB, it's called The Little Red Wagon. Looks like they do Steak and Cheese, Italian sausage with onions and peppers, and Italian Subs. Not sure if they do more. They have a page on Facebook, but I don't see a website listed.

Ok, thanks.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Vrai's original post answered itself, IMHO. The places she named as examples just aren't (weren't) well-known, visible, advertised. The demographics around here are mixed, currently affected by the LNG Plant folks whom it's rumored will be done and leaving in June, but my guess is that their mainstream of preferences is rather narrow. As for the military folks, all kinds of food and atmosphere should appeal more or less (to those who really can afford to eat out), but those who are immersed in work don't necessarily pay much attention to eateries and bars that come and go. I got here in 1988 and left for a couple of years and came back, but what seems to always be true around here is that "new" draws an overwhelming crowd that seems to disappear when "new" wears off, leaving those who really like a place and have some loyalty. And lots of people like to cook and eat at home for the fun of it!

SamSpade

Vrai's original post answered itself, IMHO. The places she named as examples just aren't (weren't) well-known, visible, advertised.

Yup. I certainly never heard of them. But having kids, going to new restaurants really isn't high on my list.
Restaurants succeed a lot based on catering to the desires of the surrounding area.

Yup. I certainly never heard of them. But having kids, going to new restaurants really isn't high on my list.
Restaurants succeed a lot based on catering to the desires of the surrounding area.

And for many that seems to be mundane and mediocre fare. It doesn't have to be dinner by candlelight in tuxedos, but I dislike paying good money for something I can make better at home.

SamSpade

And for many that seems to be mundane and mediocre fare. It doesn't have to be dinner by candlelight in tuxedos, but I dislike paying good money for something I can make better at home.

And that's *fine*. I guess I'd call that MARKETING. You don't open an Afghan or Ethiopian restaurant if you have no idea if people will show up.
You don't sell water skis in the desert. If a successful restaurant means serving typical American cuisine, why on earth might someone try something that has been amply demonstrated won't bring in the customers?

frequentflier

happy to be living
After running around yesterday in Prince Frederick, the husband and I dined at The Brick Wood Fired Bistro and OMG, the food was delicious and our server, Erin, was wonderful. The husband said it was the best prime rib he has ever had and my steak was awesome as well. We didn't stick around for the music but they were setting up a band in the bar as we were leaving. Wonderful place! Locally owned.

Last edited:

nobody really

I need a nap
After running around yesterday in Prince Frederick, the husband and I dined at The Brick Wood Fired Bistro and OMG, the food was delicious and our server, Erin, was wonderful. The husband said it was the best prime rib he has ever had and my steak was awesome as well. We didn't stick around for the music but they were setting up a band in the bar as we were leaving. Wonderful place! Locally owned.

I really like that place, plus they say they use local farmers. I wish northern calvert had better selection of restaurants.