Help

softcrab

Can you use tin foil and cover the top of the tree stand? That water could make your animals really sick.
Make sure the rabbit doesn't eat any tinsel or ornaments and especially the live lights. That would not be pretty.

GREAT IDEA! I put a cup of regular water under there, cause ferrets seem to drink a lot. Don't leave a beer or glass around. Fair warning, he'll knock it over.
But I will put foil over the tree stand. Gold star for you.

snuzzy

I don't like to keep them caged all the time. I have to alternate with the dogs coming in, plus the dog's pet cat, the only cat allowed in.

I want some one to say it won't hurt them.

IT WILL HURT THEM...anything else would be a lie. Whether you are feeling "manic" or not, you are their caregiver and you need to make good choices for them. They either need to be caged, or you need to take the tree out, cover the water at the very least. I'm not being unsympathetic, it's obvious you care about your animals, but sometimes it's "kind to be cruel", they can get very sick if you don't keep them away from a live tree with preservative. Good luck.

bookrat

GREAT IDEA! I put a cup of regular water under there, cause ferrets seem to drink a lot. Don't leave a beer or glass around. Fair warning, he'll knock it over.
But I will put foil over the tree stand. Gold star for you.

Put out a dish of fresh water for everyone...and put it far away from the tree... and give bunny some bunny chew toys...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't like to keep them caged all the time. I have to alternate with the dogs coming in, plus the dog's pet cat, the only cat allowed in.

I want some one to say it won't hurt them.

I hope they don't poison themselves and die on Christmas.

KVF323

why not taser them when they go to the tree? :shrug: they will learn soon enough :yay: if not they deserve it! mwahahahhahahahaha

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Baconator 9000: BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

RoseRed said:
. I hope they don't poison themselves and die on Christmas.

Wouldn't you if she was your caregiver

Last edited:

Macluvr

How bout getting one of those, or maybe two, small animal playpens and surrounding the tree with it. It will keep the rabbit out at the very least and put the tin foil over the water and leave the cup out for the ferrets.