Here we go..

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by Bertha Venation
I disagree. I think a great many of us would rise up loudly against such a candidacy. Clinton running in '04 would be the best way to assure Bush another four years.

Works for me....but why do you dislike Hilary, Bertha?? You may have addressed this elsewhere, point me to it if you have.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, thank God!!! I thought I was losing it! I didn't see the pic - Otter got to it before I did.

But, Otter, I thought that was a fake disclosure, too, so I looked it up on the FEC website - it's for real.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by otter
Works for me....but why do you dislike Hilary, Bertha?? You may have addressed this elsewhere, point me to it if you have.

Ooo, Ooo, :howdy: Can I answer that?

I'm a democrat too. (ok, a mod/conserv one, but)

What are the woman's qualifications? a partial term as a senator? Pulling the strings while Bill played front man? Acting the woman scorned?

Puhleese. I can do better than that. hmm, that's an idea.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I agree with ya, MacD, but you are one of the few democrats I've run across that thinks that way.

Bertha Venation

I don't dislike her. Who is she--woman, mother, wife, lawyer, former first lady, senator, whatever. She's just another person. AFAIC you take everyone on the hill, put 'em in a bag and shake it real hard, and they all come out smelling and looking alike.

I just don't want her to be my party's candidate for president. If in the next 8-12 years she proves herself to be a decent servant of the people and a competent politician, then we'll talk--her name in the ring along with all the other nominees, not "Hill or Bust." But not in '04 and not in '08. Forget it.

(Oh--she'd also have to have some voice lessons.)

And Mrs. McD, I don't think she pulled any strings. I think the role of the first lady has changed vastly since Maimie Eisenhower. The first lady--rightly so--is no longer expected to stand in the background w/ the dogs' leashes & a tray of martinis. I do not mind strong-willed, out-loud first ladies. But I don't think Hillary ran the office while Bill was off diddling the intern of the month.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ahn...

...she is way over rated. I think the media pushes her because she's black...

DiFi is having a much better year and she's simply won more of the big ones. Even Pelosi can scramble better.

Hype...

Bertha Venation

Point taken, fixed it:wink:

:cheers: Lemme buy you a drink someday. :alkies: Better yet, lemme make you one. I hate bars.

Uh... since you have your own smilie :otter: we'll keep it to one.

Oh--"/AC"? Is that an Ann Coulter quote?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'll tell you...

...what she would do different than Bill:

Universal health Care, actually make it happen.

Hillary is an ideologue, a do-er. She will stand for and DO something. She wants to be remembered for something big, a la FDR/social security.

Bill is a 'be'er'. He didn't do a damn thing. He just liked being President. He was there for the beer and booty, clearly.

Bertha Venation

Re: I'll tell you...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
Bill is a 'be'er'.
Hmmm... "Billy Beer." Great idea! Anyone got connections at a brewery? Marketing skills? We could make a fortune!
Originally posted by Larry Gude
He didn't do a damn thing.
Yeah, he did, Larry. Among other things, both good and bad, he screwed me and up to ten percent of American citizens by signing the biggest P.O.S. that hit his desk in eight years. Remember "DOMA?" Spineless jerk. I utterly despise politicians who do the expedient thing instead of the right thing.

God, I wish we could have Harry Truman again.

B

Bruzilla

I'm starting to think that Hillary had to run in 2004. I think that the determining factor for her would be if Rudi Guliani starts dropping stories that's he's considering a rematch of the 2000 election for the NY Senate. If Hillary can't hold her Senate seat, she's finished and she knows it. If Davis loses in CA despite all of the support the Clintons and their minions have put behind him, there's going to be even more tarnish on her golden image, and a loss of her Senate seat would be a political death sentence. I would look for her to run if Guliani starts talking about Senate in 2006.

I think that Americans are up for a woman President. Women are winning more and more governorships, so why no President? If the right woman with the right message came along I don't think she'ld have any problem winning. The problem with most women candiates of the past has been that they are usually so laden down with agendas there's just no way a majority would vote for her. Basically, we need a woman who wants to be President, not just "The First Woman President."