Hey Paso....Pics of Spike

SerenitStables

Paso,

Pictures as promised. Still a work in progress.

First 2 are when he came to us and the last 3 are from today.

~Jen~

Attachments

• Spike Right side 31707.JPG
    Spike Right side 31707.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 184
  • spike left side ribs 31707.JPG
    spike left side ribs 31707.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 123
  • spike foot may 2, 07.jpg
    spike foot may 2, 07.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 144
  • spike may 2, 07.jpg
    spike may 2, 07.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 178
  • Spike side may 2, 07.jpg
    Spike side may 2, 07.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 165
SerenitStables said:
Paso,

Top 2 are when he came to us and the bottom 3 are from today.

~Jen~
I got bitten by a police horse at Tiki opening.

This makes twice I have been bitten by a horse.

One more bites me and I am announcing a personal jihad against these large dog impersonators :yay:

candyjax84

Temperamental Artist
SerenitStables said:
Paso,

~Jen~

Wow, how long have you had him, he's well on his way.

SerenitStables

candyjax84 said:
Wow, how long have you had him, he's well on his way.

6 or 7 weeks...not very long. He is a great guy. A little pushy at feeding time, but is pretty much a puppy dog in your back pocket. :smile:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
He looks better but honestly I expected more weight on him..here is a boy I got 3 weeks ago..pics taken the day I got him.

Attachments

• 41020071258.jpg
    41020071258.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 133
  • 41120071277.jpg
    41120071277.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 41020071256.jpg
    41020071256.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 118
  • 41020071261.jpg
    41020071261.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 41020071257.jpg
    41020071257.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 155

candyjax84

Temperamental Artist
SerenitStables said:
6 or 7 weeks...not very long. He is a great guy. A little pushy at feeding time, but is pretty much a puppy dog in your back pocket. :smile:

Aww, that's pretty good for the time you've had him. The pushy part is understandable at the moment, I'm sure he'll ease out of it a bit over time as he gets more and more comfortable with the routine. So what's his story?

SerenitStables

Pasofever said:
He looks better but honestly I expected more weight on him..here is a boy I got 3 weeks ago..pics taken the day I got him.

I am trying...we have tried a few different things...he would start eating something then get picky about it and stop eating it...that was exciting. But we have found a few things he likes and he's been eating really well. He needs to his teeth done and I am sure that would help...I need to get the vet out for the baby, so I will have his teeth done then.

He is really cute!! :smile: I hate what people do to horses. :frown: Good luck with him...I know you'll make him look amazing.

How is Roger?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
These were taken last Sunday (20 days after I got him)

Attachments

• 42920071461.jpg
    42920071461.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 143
  • 42920071470.jpg
    42920071470.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 42920071518.jpg
    42920071518.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 143
  • 42920071496.jpg
    42920071496.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 429200718.jpg
    429200718.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 137

SerenitStables

candyjax84 said:
Aww, that's pretty good for the time you've had him. The pushy part is understandable at the moment, I'm sure he'll ease out of it a bit over time as he gets more and more comfortable with the routine. So what's his story?

*editing for paso!! :smile:*

It's a long one...a lil over a year ago Paso rescued him and sold him to a lady and she had him for a year and didn't take great care of him...Paso got him back(sort of---the lady sent him to Melvin's and Paso lent me the $ to get him from Melvin then I paid Paso back....) and I bought him. He had a rough 2 years...prior to that, he was a show horse and in really good hands.

Good ol' Paso!!! :smile:

He is a super sweet boy. Nice under saddle, haven't done much. Only ridden him 2 times...trying not to ride him much. He is just really big!!!

Last edited:

SerenitStables

Pasofever said:
These were taken last Sunday (20 days after I got him)

He looks nice....glad to see a smaller horse! :smile; He is going to make someone a nice horse.

Spike is so dag on big...but I love the big horses.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
He actually gets 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket of 10/10...ask Mingiz she almost shiat when she saw what he gets......

Roger is TONS better today but again today is his 3rd day of bute and banamine 2 X day..he is off meds as of tomorrow...so ask me again Friday.. :lmao: Gotta love a horse you can walk up to in the field no halter or lead and pop them in the neck with 10 cc banamine.. :lmao:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
SerenitStables said:
Paso,

~Jen~

What's wrong with the new guys near front leg?? Good luck with his rehab!!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
SerenitStables said:
It's a long one...a lil over a year ago Paso rescued him and sold him to a lady and she had him for a year and didn't take great care of him...Paso got him back(sort of) and I bought him from her. He had a rough 2 years...prior to that, he was a show horse and in really good hands.

Good ol' Paso!!! :smile:

He is a super sweet boy. Nice under saddle, haven't done much. Only ridden him 2 times...trying not to ride him much. He is just really big!!!

:smack: you did not get him from me ..you got him from Melvin..I even lent you the money to buy him from him....slick old man got in on my deal and bought him back out from under me... :lmao: I had him a week or two last April....Candy knows the horse she is Nicks X so she knows where he was and where he went so no names need to be said...As long as peeps know he did not get hat way at MY house...poor old fella

SerenitStables

Pasofever said:
He actually gets 3/4 of a 5 gallon bucket of 10/10...ask Mingiz she almost shiat when she saw what he gets......

Roger is TONS better today but again today is his 3rd day of bute and banamine 2 X day..he is off meds as of tomorrow...so ask me again Friday.. :lmao: Gotta love a horse you can walk up to in the field no halter or lead and pop them in the neck with 10 cc banamine.. :lmao:

Spike is eating a 10-10 and a high fat-low carb grain, and beet pulp(which he loves!! :smile:) He was on another 10-10 but hated it...would pick through it and not eat it then go eat his hay...he prefered the hay, but is getting better about eating it all and he helps the baby eat too.

I know like 2 horses that would do that...maybe 2!! He is a sweet boy...sad that he is going through such a rough time. I will ask you again on Friday...keep us up to date!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
BZHorseMomE said:
What's wrong with the new guys near front leg?? Good luck with his rehab!!

The white spots? Scars....poor guy is a retired "Big Lick" horse..he has scares from chains and scares behind the fetlock from kerosene hes been tough alot..wonder why horses like that still like/trust people...he is sound...willing and a great trail horse..I will make sure he goes to a good trail home and never to go back in the ring as a BIG LICKER....it sucks..

SerenitStables

Pasofever said:
:smack: you did not get him from me ..you got him from Melvin..I even lent you the money to buy him from him....slick old man got in on my deal and bought him back out from under me... :lmao: I had him a week or two last April....Candy knows the horse she is Nicks X so she knows where he was and where he went so no names need to be said...As long as peeps know he did not get hat way at MY house...poor old fella

Sorry...that crazy lady took him to Melvins instead of back to you...didn't know she knew Nick...my bad.

He def didn't come from you that way....you make them better...everyone knows that!!!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
SerenitStables said:
Sorry...that crazy lady took him to Melvins instead of back to you...didn't know she knew Nick...my bad.

He def didn't come from you that way....you make them better...everyone knows that!!!

That my dear is why I lent you the money to buy him from Melvin..he was better off with you then being in a big field with alot of other horses..He really needed more one on one attention...Though I will say when we were there to get him everything in the field was fat..I just think this guy needed more one on one..

SerenitStables

Pasofever said:

I fixed it!!! :smile:

SerenitStables

Pasofever said:
That my dear is why I lent you the money to buy him from Melvin..he was better off with you then being in a big field with alot of other horses..He really needed more one on one attention...Though I will say when we were there to get him everything in the field was fat..I just think this guy needed more one on one..

I agree...I saw Melvin at the auction on Saturday....not sure what he brought...but I told my kids if it hadn't been for you that Spike would have been there for sure.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
SerenitStables said:
I agree...I saw Melvin at the auction on Saturday....not sure what he brought...but I told my kids if it hadn't been for you that Spike would have been there for sure.

THanks...and when you pass him on make sure he gets a good home...thanks for taking him... :huggy: