Higher Wages = Less JOBS

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

2. The taxes of those min wage workers have not gone up. They are paying the same percentage...they have MORE dollars in their pockets for the same amount of work. They are NOT worse off...That was a really dumb post...

Hey idiot.... They may be paying the same percentage, but when a higher net amount is multiplied by the same static percentage, the outcome is higher taxes. Critical thinking is diffidently not your strong suit, among a multitude of other short comings. Also for the employer, they actually have to pay more, not just the increase in the hourly wage, but the increase in matching social security and medicare contributions and other, hidden from the employee taxes.

But the real reason for raising the minimum wage: Is an attempt to counter-act the effect of the ever increasement of the expansion of the fiat money supply, aka inflation. If those in the lower social-economic stratus are being paid, even a wee bit more, they are less likely to revolt and cause trouble. But let's be real, they are no better off and will still be just barely treading water. Because businesses, (corporations), for whom really these laws are focused on, understand this fiat expansion and want to keep as much of these dollars for themselves because inflated dollars continue to, and always will, have less purchasing power as time goes on. So the government has to force them to pay their minimum wage workers more to keep the so called peace. It's even more of a problem because commercial bank lending is contracting. Businesses are getting squeezed from every direction. And the easiest, and quickest, way to reduce costs is to reduce worker pay or eliminate positions. Plus, the banking industry is playing favorites, always has, but more so as of late... who wins and who loses, by way of restricting lending to some, but by favoring lending to others. It is really a zero sum game. Except the banks always win.

1. You point that the minimum income earner's pay is lost due to higher product costs...why is that stupid? Because there is not one bit of data in the article or in any article that shows the entire cost of living goes up because the min wage does.

It's because of inflation, you effing idiot. It doesn't have to be in the article, or any article, [because if it is written about too much the masses will begin to understand how they are being taken up the ass], for educated intelligent people to understand. If there is more money in circulation, (aka from forced wage increases), chasing the same amount of goods and services, prices increase.

Last edited:

This_person

yes and because humans are imperfect - regulations are more stringent

SL-1

Human error with drawing control rod manually - led to a design change on control rod design

Didn't read the link for SL-1, but when I worked out there I met some old folks who worked there since before the incident. They said one of the staff guys was sleeping with the wife of the student, and that some hostilities may have been a part of why the kid pulled the rod so far and so fast trying to latch it onto the motor. Yes, it was a dumb system, and a poor design where a single rod could make the reactor supercritical, but they had a lot of stories that go along with the press reports.

You can still see the spots in the desert along the highway where stuff was buried. Of course, no one died from radiation exposure, as they'll happily tell you.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

yes and because humans are imperfect - regulations are more stringent SL-1Human error with drawing control rod manually - led to a design change on control rod design

"One of the shield plugs on top of the reactor vessel impaled the third man through his groin and exited his shoulder, pinning him to the ceiling." Not a great visual. Who said we should leave the operation of reactors to the Navy? "Navy Seabee Construction Electrician First Class (CE1) Richard C. Legg (age 26). Legg (the shift supervisor) was standing on top of the reactor vessel and was impaled and pinned to the ceiling."

This_person

If I may ...

"One of the shield plugs on top of the reactor vessel impaled the third man through his groin and exited his shoulder, pinning him to the ceiling." Not a great visual. Who said we should leave the operation of reactors to the Navy? "Navy Seabee Construction Electrician First Class (CE1) Richard C. Legg (age 26). Legg (the shift supervisor) was standing on top of the reactor vessel and was impaled and pinned to the ceiling."

Every aircraft carrier we have and every submarine we have are nuclear powered. We've damaged no one, and we've damaged no reactors (unless you count sinking two submarines, but the reactors have been verified in a safe condition on those submarines).

SL-1 was an Army-run project.

Wishbone

Neither :shrug:

It's about artificially increasing lower wages to higher wages and the effect that has on employment numbers and inflation.

I thought it was about the destructive nature of the bourgeoisie and their misguided control of the government to control the coal industry and suppress the miners.