hiking

walked the trail in st. mary's city yesterday... it was a nice fall walk!

I wanna do St. Mary's River State park again next..

Are there any hiking clubs in St. Mary's?

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
Hmm, like the SOMDpaddlers group, it might be best, were someone to start one, to use facebook. The paddelrs have a ton of members and that allows fast flexible scheduling of events.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
walked the trail in st. mary's city yesterday... it was a nice fall walk!

I wanna do St. Mary's River State park again next..

Are there any hiking clubs in St. Mary's?

Which trail??

I walk down there 3 times a week.. and the roads down there are basically trails. None are too busy, and are safe to walk or bike on.

There's a short (1/4 mile) wooded trail in the "park proper" that goes from Smith's Ordinary to the Rosecroft visitor center, and another trail South of the park (starts at the Rosecroft Visitor's center) that's about 4 miles long.

From the pool where we drop Nicholas off, to the Rosecroft Visitors Center is 2 miles (if done correctly) the "square" at the visitors center is almost exactly 1 mile.. and if you leave the visitors center and walk to the end of Rosecroft, and do the Shipping Point loop and back tot he visitors center it's about a 3.5 - 4 mile loop..

I walk there 3 times a week, 6 - 8 miles, and generally have the entire park to myself.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I'm trying to get the rest of the swimmer parents to join me.. but to no avail. They see the sweaty hot mess I'm in when I get back to the pool and for some reason they want no part of it.

BUT if anyone wants to join in the walk, I'm open to the company if you can keep up!