Hillary Wants To Abolish The Electoral College. Is There An In-Between Solution?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Auh..... Congressional districts aren't county by county. There's a difference.

fine be pedantic

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/10/politics/map-2016-election-red-state-blue-state/index.html

170410105140-cook-report-map-1-exlarge-169.jpg

https://medium.com/@xenocryptsite/r...ed-by-state-and-district-because-b87feecdd3eb

black dog

Free America
Not sure where you draw that conclusion from. I would be interested in hearing your rational on that. Even if it were true, I'd be fine with it. I just feel that if all states followed ME's and NE's model, we'd all be better off.

Here's a picture.

3141-counties-trump-won-841x452.jpg

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not sure where you draw that conclusion from. I would be interested in hearing your rational on that. Even if it were true, I'd be fine with it. I just feel that if all states followed ME's and NE's model, we'd all be better off.

I agree we would all be better off. I'm just surprised you do.

I draw that conclusion from looking at election maps and checking how the individual districts voted in past elections. Oh, and math.

In Maryland alone Trump would have peeled off 2 or 3 of those electoral votes.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I agree we would all be better off. I'm just surprised you do.

I draw that conclusion from looking at election maps and checking how the individual districts voted in past elections. Oh, and math.

In Maryland alone Trump would have peeled off 2 or 3 of those electoral votes.
...and I'm fine with that. The party mood has changed several times throughout U.S. History. There might be a lot of red these days but I'm sure the GOP will do everything they can to screw things up. Then the mood will change and then the Democrats will do everything they can to screw thIngs up.... and so on.... and so on.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
...and I'm fine with that. The party mood has changed several times throughout U.S. History. There might be a lot of red these days but I'm sure the GOP will do everything they can to screw things up. Then the mood will change and then the Democrats will do everything they can to screw thIngs up.... and so on.... and so on.....

They're already doing everything they can to screw things up. That's why people like me voted for Trump.

awpitt

Main Streeter
They're already doing everything they can to screw things up. That's why people like me voted for Trump.
Well, Trump has been right in there with them trying to screw up healthcare. Trying to take a bad thing, Obamacare, and make things worse. I'm just glad some GOPers said no. I do hope Trump does better on tax reform. I'd perfer the Fair Tax Act but I also like Trump's tax proposal.

This_person

I'm not sure it would completely change the outcomes of elections, but it would certainly make it more difficult for some.

A good bit of Texas would go from red to blue. Huge landmasses of CA and NY and IL would go from blue to red.

Overall, I believe it would be currently (huge thing) a blessing for conservatism. Regardless of who it favors, I'd be in favor of this as this seems to have been the intention from the beginning, and removes a lot of the arguments against "one person, one vote" concern.

Having all 50 go to this, and removing the 17th Amendment, would certainly be a good thing for the nation.
2012 Map said:

2008 Map

Attachments

• 2008 US election map by congressional district.jpg
    2008 US election map by congressional district.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm not sure it would completely change the outcomes of elections, but it would certainly make it more difficult for some.

A good bit of Texas would go from red to blue. Huge landmasses of CA and NY and IL would go from blue to red.

Overall, I believe it would be currently (huge thing) a blessing for conservatism. Regardless of who it favors, I'd be in favor of this as this seems to have been the intention from the beginning, and removes a lot of the arguments against "one person, one vote" concern.

Having all 50 go to this, and removing the 17th Amendment, would certainly be a good thing for the nation.

:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, Trump has been right in there with them trying to screw up healthcare. Trying to take a bad thing, Obamacare, and make things worse. I'm just glad some GOPers said no. I do hope Trump does better on tax reform. I'd perfer the Fair Tax Act but I also like Trump's tax proposal.

I wish they'd all quit pandering to dumb people by screwing around with "health care". We've had free clinics in this country for as long as I can remember. Welfare recipients have always had Medicare. Insurance was a hell of a lot cheaper before they started monkeying with it. ERs have never been allowed to turn patients away based on their ability to pay.

Our health care system in this country was just peachy, and now it's all hosed up. I fail to see why anyone - regardless of income status - would support this mess.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'd perfer the Fair Tax Act

I can tell you right now that Congress will not vote to approve that. They like it that you get taxed out the ass without realizing it.* They designed it that way.

Just like they're not going to vote to limit their own terms in office.

I don't even know why we talk about crap like that. These people vote for their own raises, for crying out loud.

* My daughter, upon getting her first big girl job making a good salary, said, "Wait...does everyone get so much taken out of their paycheck for taxes???" I replied, "Ahhh, another conservative is born...." :lol: