Holly

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I don't know that I've ever seen so many berries on the native, wild Holly trees.

1118230920_HDR~3.jpg

frequentflier

happy to be living
My property has a lot of native hollies and though there are not as many berries as yours, my-thyme, they seem to have more than in other years. This year we had a ton of acorns from the oaks; the past couple years not so much. Isn't that also a sign of a bad winter?
Looking forward to the smow :):):)

Blister

At our house acorns were heavy, but much more so last year. This year was hickory nuts failing like hailstones.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Two tall trees, a birch and a beech, are growing in the woods. A small tree begins to grow between them, and the beech says to the birch, "Is that a son of a beech or a son of a birch?"

The birch says he cannot tell. Just then a woodpecker lands on the sapling. The birch says, "Woodpecker, you are a tree expert. Can you tell if that is a son of a beech or a son of a birch?"

The woodpecker takes a taste of the small tree. He replies, "It is neither a son of a beech nor a son of a birch. It is, however, the best piece of ash I have ever put my pecker in."