Hollyrock Diesel Douchebags - step in

bilbur

These boys put a lot of money into their trucks... they want to show them off... if you don't like the smoke then roll up your windows

Having your windows down is not a crime, spinning tires is. It is called a jackrabbit start and if a cop sees it they will get a ticket for that and possible reckless driving. When I was a lot younger I got a warning for smoking my tires. I at least had the decency to do it when no one was around, or at least I thought no one was around until I burned tires taking a right turn and there was a cop doing a speed trap from the next street up. This was the end of me smoking tires once the cop listed all the things he could have charged me with and the fines that went with those charges.

glhs837

Power with Control
The new trend is turning to having as little smoke as possible.
Smoke means you are dumping fuel, there is no gain.
what you want is to up the power right to the point that it starts to smoke, then back off a bit to clean it up. That gives you maximum power with the minimum fuel to obtain it.

Those blowing smoke either have a mechanical problem, or they are A-Holes.

I know in a perfect world, and I dont know diesels that well, but in gas turbos, sometimes you toss extra fuel in there for charge cooling. In my Neons case, in fact, we dumped fuel during no-lift shift to keep boost pressure up. Hard on the pieces, but what a hoot.

glhs837

Power with Control
These boys put a lot of money into their trucks... they want to show them off... if you don't like the smoke then roll up your windows

Have aa lot of money in my car, doesnt give me the right to got 170 down 235. Your "mans" right to wave his Cummins turbo dic.....I mean diesel around stops when he starts pissing of others in public places. You want suggestions, I can think of a few places easy to get to.....but I suspect they would never do that, part of the mentality that builds trucks like this demands they annoy others with their maleness.

bcp

In My Opinion
I know in a perfect world, and I dont know diesels that well, but in gas turbos, sometimes you toss extra fuel in there for charge cooling. In my Neons case, in fact, we dumped fuel during no-lift shift to keep boost pressure up. Hard on the pieces, but what a hoot.

if they are really building for power/speed, they should have already installed a new intercooler and a cold air intake to drop the fuel temperature. the cooler the fuel the higher the density.

techie

"In my Neon"...
Really, turn your mancard in.. "I gave me Neon power", like saying I gave my turd nuts...

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Would these be offspring of the SOMD Racing crowd?

Likely not, these kids are high school aged and have lots of mommy and daddy money.

I'm sure you're referring to the car guys. I don't personally know them. I do know who some are and unfortunately know many of the douchebag things that they have done in their cars and in their peronal lives since some of their "friends" tended to run their mouths behind their backs to myself and others not associated with the car crowd. None of which matters to me. It was their driving that affected myself and the rest of us. I'm sure many of them are upstanding people. Many are not. The actions of the few painted the group in an unflattering light.

The Hollyrock Diesel sticker guys are another matter. They are advertising a business (is it still operating?) and showing everyone around that the business' clientele is a bunch of inconsiderate douchebags. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. When someone with a Hollyrock sticker drives normally many of us are still going to lump them in with the douchebags which is unfortunate.

Yeah the car guys. I know we had some people who would come down and act like douches then roll out, this would bring the cops, who would then look at us bad. I am not saying that the regulars did nothing wrong, because yes we did have some douche bags that would come around. However the majority of us would just go to hang out, talk cars and relax.

So yes I would agree that the few douche bags did give the group as a whole a bad image.

These Hollyrock kids are a different breed. Wannabe redneck thugs with plenty of their parents money to dump on their toys. It does not give them an excuse to act like douchebags and it gives those of us who modify their vehicles for a purpose a bad name/image. I think I know one of them and if it is the same guy he is still living in high school and is really a POS.

I put money into my truck for things like actual off roading, hell I'm scared if I floor it the thing might fall apart.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0

How about those "boys" put money into moving out of their parents basement and stop acting like douchenozzles.

I'm taking a shot in the dark....but are you one of the kids that hang out in mckays parking lot or the Exxon in leonardtown?

It was funny to watch y'all run for the hills when LOE showed up at the Exxon one night.

glhs837

Power with Control
Would these be offspring of the SOMD Racing crowd?

if they are really building for power/speed, they should have already installed a new intercooler and a cold air intake to drop the fuel temperature. the cooler the fuel the higher the density.

I know a few of that bunch, most dont have kids old enough for such, heck, most of them dont even drive hard machinery anymore, they got kids and such, anf have bought houses, settled down.

The Hollyrock guys? Unlike the young highly educated guys who generally made up the SOMDR crowd, while most are well paid, I suspect you'll find more than your fair share of pipefitter stickers, and Harley stickers, and "shaves" achieved with a setting on a Wahl trimmer.....

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL

Money doesn't buy class or the right to act like a total douche on the road endangering other people. Take it to the track and show off...not going down 235 endangering other driver's.

techie

So, without knowing the business, or the business owner of HollyRock Customs, you have decided its okay to trash him based on a few of his clients actions. As a small business owner myself, you are telling me if you see a "Toyota Of Southern Maryland" sticker on a car that is acting in a certain way, you would say its the Toyota's dealerships fault for that drivers action?. We are always looking for ways as business owners to advertise our services. Its how we make a living. We don't sit in off at Pax River sucking off the gov't teet. We work for every dime we bring in. Having your sticker on someone else's vehicle is a great way to advertise. If the owner of that vehicle acts like an ass, its not a reflection of the people who work at that business. I am sure for the hundreds of stickers that have been passed out by HollyRock, you are trashing a business based on the actions of a few, that ARE OF NO ASSOCIATION with the business other than being clients... Maryland government has done enough to destroy small businesses in this state, if you have a problem with a vehicle, post his tag number, call the cops (good luck getting them off the speed traps instead of patrolling). But dont attack a small business because of how someone who happens to have a sticker in their back window behaves..

BOP

I have often wondered how in the hell these young people can afford 1. A $50K truck, 2. The $10K in mods to it and 3. To replace the tires they burn up and the diesel fuel they consume by the bucket load puffing black smoke up and down the road.

They are rampant in Leonardtown. Roaring up and down the road belching smoke like locomotives.

Slinging drugs and doing robberies.

bcp

In My Opinion
:smack:

the effing fumes come thru the vents...... even IF your windows are up.

those fumes are why I try to let motorcycles pass me when its safe for them to do so.
I know that even with out the black smoke, the diesel exhaust can be somewhat unpleasant..

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Throw a bag of potatoes in the exhaust stack.

That's too much effort, I do have a friend who has a hole in his shifter boot who won't hesitate to drop bearings, pennies and whatever else he has available when your behind him driving like a dick, asked him why he doesn't fix it and he told me "why, I'd just have to put another hole in it" ... sounds like a plan