Hollyrock Diesel Douchebags - step in

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
So,,, A business should somehow determine who the douchebags will be, maybe a douchebag test or something? and only give the stickers to those that can prove not to be a douchebag?
Should care manufacturers do the same and take their logo off of the vehicle if the person buying it seems like they might be a douchebag?
there goes all the BMW AND Honda emblems..

:killingme

yankee44

Sorry JosephIV we were busy working and running our business so we could not respond timely enough to your forum not to mention we haven’t accessed an somd forum in 3 years!!!!….we had to reactivate our account…. we don’t have time all day to sit around at the computer to bash other peoples businesses on somd??
Actually I read your post in this forum JosephIV and I comprehend quite clearly– Don’t bash my business- as I will answer the question you seem inclined to ask several times? And had finally been answered- Yes, Hollyrock Customs is very much in business today -do you need diesel mechanical work done? Or any mechanical work done for that matter because we can work on diesels, as well as, gas and motorcycles in case you needed to know. But you seem pretty computer savvy – you would have been able to find us on the internet??? Further , our phone number also appears on these GIANT stickers.
Please do not insult my character or call me a douche, or douchebag (really, how old are you?) because of the behavior of others, I am an adult as I hope you are and as much as I would like to believe that I could ask someone not to do something, these are not children or dogs we are talking about- be realistic or have you forgotten when / where you live today- neither you nor I can control what anyone else does….We can ask and try and we do- don’t assume what you don’t know- pretty sure you know about assumptions- but we care about our business and we will take care of it- that’s not for you to worry about!
You are quite the hypocrite or should I say manipulator- “I'm damaging the "small dealers" reputation? Me? They hurt his business. Not me. I can easily badmouth the shop and help them lose business. It's not what I plan to do” - but yet that is all you done throughout your post - called the business out for the behavior of a FEW (handful) of bad drivers and called me a douche, douchebag, etc.. sure what your obsession is with that word is, - I am sure you could have voiced your opinion as you’re entitled without insulting me as the owner of the company-
I understand and respect your concerns for what this behavior could be doing to my business- thank you for your concerns, but you’re pissing everyone off calling people including myself and my family douches in this forum and disrespecting people that you know absolutely nothing about. Making insinuations or should I say threats” Tires are expensive, sidewalls aren't immune to boxcutters and windshields don't like ball bearings or spark plug ceramic. I'm just saying.”
You need to stop the slander and the stereotyping,
Let me try this from another approach since your avatar shows you with a mask and weapon- if I go into the tackle box and buy a gun, ammo, gear and advertise I bought a gun, ammo and everything from the tackle box -I am advertising and go off on a rampage would you say it’s the tackle boxes fault because they sold me the gun, etc- because the guy at the counter never talked to me about what not to do with the gun…….really???? why does everyone want to blame someone else for the actions of others?
No …………next time write down the tag number and report it if it really bothers you that much, but DO NOT drag an entire small businesses name through the mud that you know nothing about; Because whether or not it’s a smoke blowing diesel truck or some other event in your life that bothers you this much, I certainly hope you take action.
With all due respect we are a very successful business, 75% of our business is with local business owners- we provide the parts and the service to get the most out of your diesel needs for long term, our customer come to get increased fuel mileage, towing capacity, etc. - not for street performance.
There are SEVERAL other diesel shops in the area….. There are many in the state of Maryland - please make absolutely sure you know who you are making claims about otherwise these are false accusations and this becomes defamation of character- for those of you that you have mentioned the accident in August on 235 to be VERY CLEAR that was not a HOLLYROCK CUSTOMS diesel truck FYI
You got your 15 minutes of bad word of mouth fame at the benefit of business- if you had only- spent this much time writing down the tag number as you spent in this forum…

Move on……..next topic

I know a ton of people that have work done with you, and all the people that know have had it done to make their truck preform with more power and better fuel mileage while towing campers and such. I agree that a few apples can spoil the bunch. Let your reputation speak for itself. The people who own diesel trucks know who the best around is and it is you, so when they want work done they will still come to you despite what people do on the road or what people say on this forum. I look forward to you one day working on my 2010 3500 Dodge and I would proudly display your banner.

thurley42

HY;FR
Amazing....

Not even 2 hours ago a group of us were talking about the Diesels with Hollyrock stickers driving like morons....hadn't been on SOMD for a few days..then I log on and boom, here it is.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Somewhere there is a box of rocks gloating that it is smarter than you. Since when have I ever mentioned owning a NEON? I've had one Chrysler vehicle in my life and it had a 5.2 V8 and a transfer case lever.

I've never driven a NEON. Never. I've ridden in a modified NEON built for track days on a road course but nowhere and never have I driven a NEON let alone owned one.

Where have I said that blue collar people are basically losers? Do you have an inferiority complex? Calling out a few people who drive like douchebags means that I'm insulting blue collar people? Pink car? What are you talking about? Are you a meth head? I don't know if I should laugh at you or feel sorry for your family. Get help. Go back to school. Quit huffing paint in a bag.

I think you found your Douchenozzle diesel driver.....

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I know a ton of people that have work done with you, and all the people that know have had it done to make their truck preform with more power and better fuel mileage while towing campers and such. I agree that a few apples can spoil the bunch. Let your reputation speak for itself. The people who own diesel trucks know who the best around is and it is you, so when they want work done they will still come to you despite what people do on the road or what people say on this forum. I look forward to you one day working on my 2010 3500 Dodge and I would proudly display your banner.

I dont see you as the type to smoke tires.... cuz you smoke meat!!! :killingme

I dont see him as the bad guy... and try to judge his business due to some hardheads out there....

Im sure he knows the trucks by the descriptions... and could ask them to respect his business as they have the decal on their truck

bcp

In My Opinion

Wait,,,, he would allow his sticker to go on a Dodge??

let me rethink my respect for him and his business...

:killingme:buddies:

yankee44

I dont see you as the type to smoke tires.... cuz you smoke meat!!! :killingme

I dont see him as the bad guy... and try to judge his business due to some hardheads out there....

Im sure he knows the trucks by the descriptions... and could ask them to respect his business as they have the decal on their truck

My truck is hard to miss anyway, with BBQ stickers all over the back window and plates that read SOMDBBQ

MMM_donuts

So,,, A business should somehow determine who the douchebags will be, maybe a douchebag test or something? and only give the stickers to those that can prove not to be a douchebag?
Should car manufacturers do the same and take their logo off of the vehicle if the person buying it seems like they might be a douchebag?
there goes all the BMW emblems..

Can't tell if you are simply missing the point or intentionally instigating more arguments....
u3y5ade5.jpg

JosephIV

Should car manufacturers do the same and take their logo off of the vehicle if the person buying it seems like they might be a douchebag?
there goes all the BMW emblems..

The business owner stated that I called he, his friends, and family douchebags. Who do you think are rocking his decal? You can trademark the name and be selective about who represents that name. I gave the example of my buddy who drives around with archery gear manufacturers decals on his ride. He has a contract with them that states that he is representing them and as such benefits from their sponsorship while they benefit from his advertising and good archery skills. Should he act like a douche while rocking their gear they will pull his sponsorship and ask that he remove their logo.

Here's a test for you intelligent SOMD forum fans that have never visited Hollyrock Customs/Diesel. Go out and get a Hollyrock Diesel Decal. Show me how easy it is to get one. I'll wait. When you easily get one, put it on your Prius, Taurus, or such and upload the picture. I'd bet that every Tom, Dick, and Harry can't get one.

I'd also bet that the proprieter has a good idea of what people have his decal and who is driving around SOMD acting like fools. Maybe I'm wrong but I'll take the odds.

yankee44

HollyRock is getting a ton of advertising right heare. The people who owen deisels that read this are like..."I want my one ton truck to run like a raped ape, where can I find his number" :yahoo:

bcp

In My Opinion
The business owner stated that I called he, his friends, and family douchebags. Who do you think are rocking his decal? You can trademark the name and be selective about who represents that name. I gave the example of my buddy who drives around with archery gear manufacturers decals on his ride. He has a contract with them that states that he is representing them and as such benefits from their sponsorship while they benefit from his advertising and good archery skills. Should he act like a douche while rocking their gear they will pull his sponsorship and ask that he remove their logo.

Here's a test for you intelligent SOMD forum fans that have never visited Hollyrock Customs/Diesel. Go out and get a Hollyrock Diesel Decal. Show me how easy it is to get one. I'll wait. When you easily get one, put it on your Prius, Taurus, or such and upload the picture. I'd bet that every Tom, Dick, and Harry can't get one.

I'd also bet that the proprieter has a good idea of what people have his decal and who is driving around SOMD acting like fools. Maybe I'm wrong but I'll take the odds.

I have stickers on my truck, Banks, L&M, Edge, Dieselplace etc... I didnt have to sign anything to get them. Came with the products. your friend is in a different situation than 99.9% of all people with product/brand stickers on the truck.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa

This Is actually a good point. Its not like buying an item that comes with a decal. I am sure upon request that someone who has used Hollyrock for either install work, tuning etc could get a decal. However its not like some places that then just sitting on the counter.

However it would also not be very difficult to order one online and have it sent to you.

yankee44

I have stickers on my truck, Banks, L&M, Edge, Dieselplace etc... I didnt have to sign anything to get them. Came with the products. your friend is in a different situation than 99.9% of all people with product/brand stickers on the truck.

I have some stickers on the back of my truck that are from sponsorship but most are not. But mine are also being seen by thousands of people at every BBQ contest 15 or 20 times a year. The ones that are not sponsors are products that I really belive in.