Hollywood Accident - 120 mph

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I just looked at that link and the comments BLEW UP!! :jameo: I have never seen a story get so much attention.

Wow, you're not kidding! If he does make it, he's sure not done any wonders for his Air Force career. Sad, dumb, idiotic. But again, good thing he miraculously didn't injure/kill anyone.

BernieP

Resident PIA
On the subject of being billed for ambulance/fire services, it's a novel idea, but as long as there are still volunteers, there will always be a need. .

I'm confused, what does being staffed by volunteers have to do with charging for services rendered?

Sure, volunteers reduce labor costs, but you still have insurance, and the costs assoicated with owning and operating the vehcles, supplies and the facilities (to name a few big one).

Tax dollars cover some of it, but I don't think it covers any where near all of the costs. The rescue squads and fire companies are always doing fund raisers.
I've heard place where if you donate the call is free, if you have not donated you get a bill. Either way I see it as fair. You recieved a needed service and you should help pay some of the costs.

On the other topic of discussion... I am amazed at the ignorance that one can dsiplay on the interwebz. I'm never sure if it's someone who is just trollign or if the poster is serious and really is that demented.

Either way, if you get sucked in you're the fool.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Topic.

Preliminary investigation revealed, the Honda Civic had struck a parked Toyota Tundra in the parking lot, moving the Tundra approximately five parking spaces away from where it was originally parked. The Toyota was unoccupied at the time of the collision, as the driver had just entered the Papa John’s seconds before the crash. The driver of the Honda, an adult male, the single occupant was trapped inside his vehicle. Rescue crews were able to extricate the patient and MSP Trooper 7 transported him to Prince George’s Shock Trauma for injuries received.

Prior to the crash, a state police unit had just called in a vehicle matching the description of the Honda traveling through radar at 120 miles per hour.

One Flown from Serious Accident in Hollywood | Southern Maryland News Net

Question.
I've yet to see anything on who was driving, cause or anything on this anywhere. Has anyone else?

:coffee: