Hot Tub / Jacuzzi / Whirlpool

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Thanks Chasey.
I'm selling mine WITH the emergency spa box and about 200 feet of wiring. We did the electrical ourselves (with the help of Pete) and it was easy. We didn't pour a slab but instead used brick pavers. I am willing to throw those in as well. Just want it GONE as we do not use it.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Thanks Chasey.

So you do operate it in the winter? Does the pump work well in the winter? My little plug and play isn't supposed to be operated in temps below 40 degrees. And I like the idea of having another plug in without having to hire an electrician.

We never a turn it off, keep the temp at 100 degrees (in summer we turn it down to 96-98). This is not something you decide you'll have a soak, and then turn it on. 300 gallons takes quite a while to warm up. The wife stays up late working on crafts and she'll slip into the thing and soak a while before slipping into bed. The thing cycles on to heat the water if it slips below 100 degrees, then shuts off. It works well in winter and holds it's temperature because the sides and cover are made of dense foam. There are no special needs as far as electricity, though I would recommend you have it on its own circuit.

Our home didn't have the outside outlets on a separate circuit. If the tub kicks on while the wife has a high-demand appliance (hair dryer) blowing at the same time, occasionally the circuit breaker will throw. But that's infrequent.

Did I mention that after midnight bathing suits are optional?

Last edited: