How are the roads on 235 in Hollywood?

papermate

What is wrong with you?? No one should be out when the streets have heavy snow and ice on them. Period. You went out last night before we got really nailed, and this morning when it was still somewhat manageable. Stay home.

Honestly, when the conditions are like this I think cops and EMT shouldn't even respond to car accidents. People shouldn't be out driving anyway and they deserve what they get.

Most people shouldn’t be out, however I have to agree this type of snow isn’t the end of the world. If you do go out you need to take responsibility for whatever situation you may find yourself in. I went out; however I grew up where everyone has a set of tire chains, so I put mine on and brought a tow strap/chain.

Chains don’t make you invincible, (been stuck with them), but they help. Didn’t have to pull anyone else out, but I’m sure someone stuck would have been glad to see me when “I shouldn’t have been out”.

johnycarcinogen

Nothing is wrong with me? You have fun staying in, I'm going to go watch a fight with friends and make sure they all get home safe!

No matter how good of a driver you think you are...nobody can drive on ice. You have no traction...you can't be a good driver.

kasels1996

Trying to find out what the roads are like

Hello! I own a business on Great Mills Rd and I live in Calvert County. I am trying to find out how the roads are and if I should open. I know my road has been plowed but you can't see pavement. Any information would be great.

puggymom

USPS trucks had them on Friday afternoon....
Not answering your question honestly cause I dont know, but if they can, why can't anyone else...

I thought my hubby read that chains can be used in a state of emergency. It was not why he was reading it so I cannot be 100% sure.

papermate

Maryland Code
TRANSPORTATION
TITLE 22. VEHICLE LAWS - EQUIPMENT OF VEHICLES
SUBTITLE 4. OTHER EQUIPMENT

§ 22-405.2. Metal and other nonrubber material in contact with road surface.

(2) It is permissible to use tire chains of reasonable proportions on any vehicle when required for safety because of snow, ice, or other conditions tending to cause a vehicle to skid;

Otter

Nothing to see here
Anyone know what condition the Chas County portion of 231 is in?? December's storm it was very bad from Benedict to 5 to the St Mary's county line.

TIA

thebeerdude

Super Bowl Party at Marys Place

The main roads are all clear now. The plow crews have been working all night. I have been on Rt 5, Rt 235 and Rt 234. I will be heading out to Mary’s place in Leonardtown (Formerly BWB) to watch the Super Bowl. I was happy to hear that they are open tonight.