How do you feel about.......

Black-Francis

....sexual predators with charges against them involving minors, living near schools?

(Serious Matter So Serious Answers Please)

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
....sexual predators with charges against them involving minors, living near schools?

Not a good idea but I'm not sure if it can be stopped legally, at least currently. We routinely check the state registry during the school year so we can be aware if any of these people try to enter our buildings and don't have a child enrolled there or a legal right to be there. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware (and I could be wrong so someone please correct me if I am), the state registry only contains those convicted. I don't think those charged are entered into it because of the whole "innocent until proven guilty" tenet of law.

If you have a serious concern about an instance in particular, it would be best to consult local law enforcement or a lawyer who could advise on how to handle things like a protective order or other legal measure.

Hope this helps a bit.

morningbell

hmmmmmm

Not cool at all, it scares the hell out of me actually because I am a parent with a school age child. I thought they had to live so far away a from a school :confused:

muttdog

This is a serious answer BF. They should have their junk cut off and they should not be allowed to live ANYWHERE near children, schools, playgrounds, daycare, parks etc.

C

CalvertNewbie

I subscribe to the family watchdog site so I constantly get updates when perverts move in/out of the area. I was surprised how close to the schools some of these losers moved to. Don't they legally have to live a certain distance away from schools? I don't feel they should be anywhere near schools, playgrounds, etc. Once a pervert, always a pervert.

C

CalvertNewbie

I think they should all live in one area. Oh wait they have a place like that. It's called jail!

I was thinking of them all living in one area also. But I was thinking more along the lines of a remote island in the middle of nowhere.

Black-Francis

So if there is a registered offender living near a school and in a house that kids live and frequent it should be reported, right? You would think the state of Maryland would keep tabs on these perverts!!

Beta84

They're out to get us
This is a serious answer BF. They should have their junk cut off and they should not be allowed to live ANYWHERE near children, schools, playgrounds, daycare, parks etc.

I wasn't aware sexual predators were only men. :razz:

SoMDGirl42

in all seriousness, I"m opposed to it. But I'm more opposed to it if the charges stem from younger children, elementary age or younger.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

If they are living anywhere other than prison, that means they've done their time, and they have been rehabbed.

If we feel the need to have them on a list, or to be tracked, then the rehab failed and they shouldn't be on the street, or living anywhere other than a jail cell.

THe sexual offender list/ tracking is another dismal Governemnt failure, and the fix is not MORE tracking or more restrictions on where they can live. You worry about sex offenders living next to schools, but convicted drug dealers, murderers and gang members can live anywhere they want after release.

The answer is to convict the violent and predatory sex offenders (not people caught peeing on the side of the road (and yes in MD you'd have to register)) and let them live out their lives in a facility built especially for them, amongst people JUST LIKE them.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

CalvertNewbie said:
I think they should all live in one area. Oh wait they have a place like that. It's called jail!

I was thinking of them all living in one area also. But I was thinking more along the lines of a remote island in the middle of nowhere.

You guys are too nice. Why not in the landfill?

C

CalvertNewbie

Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

You guys are too nice. Why not in the landfill?

Yeah, that works. In another thread, I had suggested cement shoes and a river. But a landfill is another good alternative!