How old were you?

Frank

Chairman of the Board
Originally posted by AnonymousPenguin

So... I got a few questions for all of yall...
- If you're married, how old were you when you became married?
- If you've been divorced... how long were you married?/did you remarry?/can you see yourself getting married again?
- If you've been in love, how old were you during the first love thing?
- If you've never been married, what age (ideally) would you like to marry?

Never married.

In love, seriously, just three times, the first at 24 and she was killed in an accident. Don't worry, I got over it. Second time, a couple years after that, at 26. I won't go into it much except to say that many years later, she's married, has three kids, and if her husband ever buys the farm, I'm selling the house and moving north. Last time - this year, and it was by far the hardest, and the scars are deep.

How old? Gosh, at this point, I figured it'd be long in the past.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I gotta say... the whole post just left me with my mouth open.
Why? The brutal honesty of it? Or the flakiness of my former self?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
If I read correctly, I get the prize!

I think I was the oldest to do "it" at 19...hell no, I didn't like it..why did I wait so long??? Don't even know how long it lasted, too long I think...

And it appears I've been married the most times.

After hanging out here for several months, I finally found something I can do better than anybody else....:cheers: :biggrin:

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Why?

well let's see...
here are a few things that made me go :shocked:

- you were married for 9 years and then divorced...
I know it happens but I just expect a marriage to be solid after 9 years... actually, it scares me... makes me think u never know what's gonna happen...

- you were married for 9 years to someone who you were not in love with...:question: I just can't imagine myself doing that...there would just be too much missin...

-"We got married because I got pregnant - we had broken off our engagement and had a 'for old times sake' fling."

-"I had to break a date with another guy so I could attend my wedding."

-"Lost my virginity at 15, bored outta my mind, fired up a cigarette in the middle of it"
maybe this was an exaggeration... but that's pretty damn bored alright...

-"The only thing I remember him saying was 'could you please not blow that smoke in my face?' "

pretty much the entire post...

no offense at all... but just seems so careless and silly w/ regards to marriage and sex...

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did you read the part where I was 15 and 18, respectively? And yeah, careless, silly, irresponsible, immature, stupid, clueless - all of the above.

I, too, figured that once you get past the first few years you'd be forever. But I've also known people who were married for 20+ years who divorced so there you have it. Guess ya gotta still keep working even after you think you're in the homestretch! :lol:

The reason I had to break a date was that Dave and I had been broken up for several months and we'd both moved on. The night our son was conceived was just a random jump - we were still friends and weren't seeing anyone else seriously (meaning we weren't having sex with anyone else).

After the night in question, we both went back to our dating. I found out I was pregnant, talked to him, we decided to get married - all in the space of about a week. Since I had other things on my mind, I'd forgotten about this dance thing I was supposed to go to with this guy - until he called me to see what color my dress was (for flowers) and I had to tell him "Sorry - I'm getting married that night." I DID set him up with another date, though, so I'm not completely heartless.

So it's probably not as exciting as it seems at first glance.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And also, since I'm spewing my life story here, while Dave and I weren't passionately crazy mad for each other, we were best friends and had a a great relationship. Still do. I can think of worse reasons to get married than friendship, trust and true mutual respect. Most women marry some scoundrel who rocks their world in bed only to find that, at some point, you have to get out of bed.

RagDoll

Alright I'll play since I haven't given any details about myself yet but I've read about you guys.

Never married.

Fell in love with my old bf when I was 19, stayed with him for 3 1/2 years, he statrted talking about marriage and I discovered I didn't love him as much as I thought I did because I didn't want to spend the rest of my life with him, so I left.

Lost my virginity at 14 in the guys locker room at the base pool (the pool was closed so it was just me and him). The guy was a life guard at a pool, I think he was 19. It hurt, but it wasn't unbearable, I don't remember him as being well endowed, my comment after he was done was "That surely doesn't feel like a tampon" stupid I know, but I was 14 so that's my excuse. No orgasm, didn't have my first till I was 19. I can't believe I left the only guy so far that was able to make me have an orgasm, I must be sick in the head :confused:

Lilly

The Original Lilly
- you were married for 9 years and then divorced...
I know it happens but I just expect a marriage to be solid after 9 years... actually, it scares me... makes me think u never know what's gonna happen...

I know lots of couples that get divorced way past that timeframe. My in-laws were married for 35 years when they split. From what I have observed sometimes the hardest point of a marriage is 25 to 30 some years down the line when the kiddos move out. That's a huge point of transition for a couple. When you get married you are in love - then you center the world around your kids - and then all of a sudden you realize that it is just you two again and you've kind of forgotten what you had in common before the offspring.

chuckster

IMFUBARED
Loved every woman I dated
Fell "in love" at 26
Married at 27
Still married after 25 years and plan to be forever

She is all I need ... want ... forever

B

Beach Patrol

First time I was 23

- If you've been divorced... how long were you married?/did you remarry?/

Was married 1.5 years.... but we'd been together a total of almost 8 years.

-can you see yourself getting married again?

I did already. Married my now hubby when I was 30. been married 9 years already, my how time does fly!

- If you've been in love, how old were you during the first love thing? 15 years old. And yes, it was love. Immature love, but love just the same.

- If you've never been married, what age (ideally) would you like to marry? n/a

As for the virginity thing, I think I'll pass on that one!
:blushing:

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Married at 29. Divorced at 31.
Likely not to ever get married again!

Oh, and lost my virginity at 13.
In my neighborhood, if you hadn't "done it" by the time you were 13, the local gang took you to a whorehouse to get it over with.
It was "one...two...oops...aaaah....sorry."
:biggrin:

Last edited:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
So... I got a few questions for all of yall...
- If you've been divorced... how long were you married?/did you remarry?/can you see yourself getting married again?
- If you've been in love, how old were you during the first love thing?
- If you've never been married, what age (ideally) would you like to marry?

Married at 20.
Divorced at 34.
Married again at 39.
No more divorces planned, it will be a crime of passion before I go through that again.

missi1013

Catch Me If You Can!
Fell in love with my High school sweet heart-age 15
Lasted 4 years
Ment my feature hubby- age 19
Married him- age 20
And that's it! Don't plan on leaving him. Well at least now!