How the hell

Make him brush his teeth before he eats. Be firm. Then he has to brush his teeth after.

If he brushes his teeth ten times a day....so what?

"You want a snack? Brush your teeth".

He will get it.

But then you are just coating your teeth right after you brush them? :confused:

Like wiping your ass before you chit instead of after. :ohwell:

Vince

Do you get a 2 year old to brush their teeth? This is a fight EVERY SINGLE NIGHT :strangle::banghead::dork:

I've tried threats, bribery, you name it, little kid won't open his mouth for anything??? I'm afraid his teeth are going to start growing fur :cds:
I don't remember back that far. :lol: Now it's my daughters problem to get my grandson to brush his teeth.

JeJeTe

Happiness
Beats me. Mine loves doing it and always has.

He has a toothbrush that plays "Dynamite" and he grooves.

But it helps if they see you brushing your teeth because at 2 all they want to do is whatever Mommy and Daddy are doing.

redhead77

My girls (2 & 3) both want to look in the mirror while they brush. That way they can see what they were doing and feel more like mommy and daddy. We still went through the no brushing stage with the older one and I perfected my headlock.

SoMDGirl42

Reward system? He has two choices. He brushes them, or you do.

If he does it, reward him with a star, marble in a jar something. Make it easy at first to earn his big reward (three marbles and he can have XYZ)

Start increasing the number of marbles it takes to earn his next big reward. You know what his triggers are.

KDENISE977

If he does it, reward him with a star, marble in a jar something. Make it easy at first to earn his big reward (three marbles and he can have XYZ)

Start increasing the number of marbles it takes to earn his next big reward. You know what his triggers are.

This idea may work. He loves stickers !!!

Bubba is too young for marbles. :ohwell: He tries to eat everything.

:nono:

You don't give him the marbles. The marbles in the jar are for visual. Look bubba, you have three marbles in the jar. Two more and I'll take you to the park to swing!! Good job brushing your teeth.

He would rather the marbles as his prize. :ohwell: I know my son. The marbles are shiny and look like candy... He wouldnt get the concept of them just being a marker. :nono:

SoMDGirl42

He would rather the marbles as his prize. :ohwell: I know my son. The marbles are shiny and look like candy... He wouldnt get the concept of them just being a marker. :nono:

Then pick something he can have. Buy a little magnetic marker board and draw stars on it. Where there is a will, there is a way. Use your common sense since you know your son. If he would flip out and want the marbles, use something else.

Put little cars in the jar. When he gets 5, his reward is he can keep the cars to play with.

KDENISE977

That's how I potty trained mine. I tried everything. Between a sticker reward chart and peeing outside, the combo worked like a charm. :yay:

Yeah, I feel like the potty training is at a stalemate. It's pointless to try and do it any other way than his school does, it's like working against them. But the sticker thing may work to help with the teeth and other random things. :buddies:

KDENISE977

That's how I potty trained mine. I tried everything. Between a sticker reward chart and peeing outside, the combo worked like a charm. :yay:

I also was thinking of the peeing outside, but them I'm worried he'll try it at school and they'll be all :cds::cds:

JeJeTe

Happiness
I also was thinking of the peeing outside, but them I'm worried he'll try it at school and they'll be all :cds::cds:

I'd try it. Because he'll get used to dry pants at home and the first time he doesn't make it at school, he'll realize he doesn't like wet pants.

But mine was 3-3.5 before he showed any interest. I tried to do it before and it just ended up frustrating the hell out of both of us.