How Trump's Speech to the CIA Endangered America

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Every American, regardless of who they voted for in the election, should be furious with President Donald Trump for what he told the CIA during a recent meeting at its headquarters. I do not mean his digressions about the size of the crowd at his inauguration and the number of times he has appeared on the cover of Time magazine, although it does not inspire confidence to see the president waste fleeting time with national-security employees on his vanity rather than our security.

It’s his comments on Iraq that ought to make Americans apoplectic, for in the space of seconds, Trump managed to utter words that are 1) morally repugnant, 2) certain to be exploited as a recruiting tool by America’s terrorist enemies, and 3) likely to help foreign adversaries diminish America’s reputation and power. For the sake of an indisciplined, self-indulgent riff, Trump made Americans less safe.

Here are his words: "

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/in-seconds-at-the-cia-trump-made-america-less-safe/514193/?utm_source=atltw

SamSpade

2) certain to be exploited as a recruiting tool by America’s terrorist enemies, and 3) likely to help foreign adversaries diminish America’s reputation and power.

Two criticisms which carry zero weight with me.

Bring it on. If your intent is to kill Americans, I don't care if my president's words piss you off. Now, I know who you are.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Two criticisms which carry zero weight with me.

Bring it on. If your intent is to kill Americans, I don't care if my president's words piss you off. Now, I know who you are.

And perhaps this author could tell us what Obama did to piss them off so badly; so much so that an new terrorist group was formed that put al Qaeda to shame? Or have they already forgotten about all the attacks we suffered during Obama's tenure?

I also don't see anything in his words that would result in making us any weaker or more vulnerable than we already are.

Reagan all over again. :jameo:

Hijinx

IMO, the CIA needs a total rebuild.

In the first place the CIA should never find mention on a Newspaper.
The fact they find should be the privilege of the CIC and those others entitled to secret information.
Their moves and concerns should be secret.
Their intelligence guarded and never used to excuse an action this country takes.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
IMO, the CIA needs a total rebuild.

In the first place the CIA should never find mention on a Newspaper.
The fact they find should be the privilege of the CIC and those others entitled to secret information.
Their moves and concerns should be secret.
Their intelligence guarded and never used to excuse an action this country takes.

Did you feel that way, think that, from 2001-2008 when they were fudging for a different master?

Hijinx

Did you feel that way, think that, from 2001-2008 when they were fudging for a different master?

Of course. It's supposed to be a secret intelligence outfit and their opinions, facts, and intelligence should be for the use of the President when he makes decisions.
And only dispersed by the President to a selected few.
When the president makes a decision he should not say the CIA told me to do this or that.

And the greatest BS I ever heard was when Obama sited the CIA for saying the Russians hacked the DNC, and changed the election.
What a sack of crap that was.

Hijinx

Just to add the CIA has done some things under orders that were not what most would consider right.
We pretty much know they tried to assassinate Castro and failed.We don't know who they succeeded with.
They grabbed people during wartime and snuck them off to secret locations and questioned them using controversial tactics.
Did we need an agency like this? If we now know what they did, and it is no longer allowed--why do we need them at all?

We all know they did this because a pussy like Obama told us they did.
He destroyed their secrecy and their methods, and destroyed their agency.

Now we can argue the right and wrong of what they did all day, They did it. It was confidential and secret, and it happened.
Obama destroyed that. Do I approve? Well to say I do makes me a nut right? But the real question is did they get the job done.
As it used to be a secret and is no longer, how can we answer that?

The question now is Do we need a CIA at all?

Hijinx

After the last decade, plus, I'm skeptical anytime the government tells us America is in "danger".

Don't be too skeptical, we are in danger all right.
Read the news, China is growing in the Pacific rim .
I read this morning that China has ICBM's on the China-Russia border.
We have Islamic terrorists in this country
Russia wants the USSR back.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
After the last decade, plus, I'm skeptical anytime the government tells us America is in "danger".

America is ALWAYS in danger .... at what level and sophistication is the question
even our 'friends' look out for themselves 1st

Chris0nllyn

Don't be too skeptical, we are in danger all right.
Read the news, China is growing in the Pacific rim .
I read this morning that China has ICBM's on the China-Russia border.
We have Islamic terrorists in this country
Russia wants the USSR back.

America is ALWAYS in danger .... at what level and sophistication is the question
even our 'friends' look out for themselves 1st

Oh, right.

What rights do you want in exchange for keeping me safe?

Restitution

Ok... so....

Please respond if you DO NOT think boy does this for a living..... please explain why.

My stance is that he in fact does this for a living (posts libprog BS) because if he doesn't do it for some form of income than that is a pretty pathetic life! Regurgitating this BS for 8-10 hours a day everyday!!!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oh, right.

What rights do you want in exchange for keeping me safe?

.... you think China is looking out for the US ?

locally I'd be happy with the dissolution of the DEA, ATF .... roll back of everything passed since and the Patriot Act