How would you react

NOTSMC

if someone gave you the finger while driving?

I don't know why this is still bugging me. I had to run into town on Easter Sunday. I took Route 5 through Saint Mary's City and did my usual slow down of 40 mph then 30 at the college. No one on the road at that particular time. Within minutes, a white Audi was on my rear, so close that I could have seen the color of the drivers eyes if not for the heavily tinted windows. (I'm probably exaggerating a little.) The vehicle continued to say right on my tail. I put my signal on to make a right onto Willows and very subtly raised my middle finger. It was just at door/window level, not a particularly angry middle finger, it was the I'm slighty annoyed with you middle finger. I'm of the opinion that there are degrees of middle fingers.

Anyhoo. The audi continued straight on route 5 and maybe 30 seconds later I looked in the rear view mirror and he was on my tail again. He then passed me on the right on the shoulder and brake checked me hard. My entire life passed before my eyes in that few seconds but I managed to miss him.

He then sped off and we all met down at the red light at Great Mills and Shangri La, which actually made me giggle.

Life lesson learned, Don't give people the finger and they won't try to kill you. Maybe.

NOTSMC

I comfort myself by knowing I'll be home soon in my happy little world and the other driver will still be an angry small person is his angry small world.
When I got home I asked google what demographic is likely to drive an audi. The first answer that popped up was young white male douchbags.

NOTSMC

I ignore it mostly because I think it's kind of juvenile.
I figure if I'm getting the finger I probably did something to deserve it. But you're right, it was childish. On both ends. And certainly not worth a possible accident.

OccamsRazor

I often relish in the FACT that no matter how fast or aggressive they are driving, I am 100% certain to see them right next to me at the next red light :cool:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I often relish in the FACT that no matter how fast or aggressive they are driving, I am 100% certain to see them right next to me at the next red light :cool:
That occurs often on Rt 249. Someone will blast by me as soon as we're out of Piney Point and I'll give them an exaggerated friendly wave at the stoplight in Callaway...as I'm turning right and they are stuck waiting to turn left.

SamSpade

That occurs often on Rt 249. Someone will blast by me as soon as we're out of Piney Point and I'll give them an exaggerated friendly wave at the stoplight in Callaway...as I'm turning right and they are stuck waiting to turn left.
I had something like that happened to me once, turning onto Mervell Dean past Tom Hodges - and they must've easily been doing 80-85.
NEVER saw them and they blew the horn as they went past, flipping the bird.

I can only hope that people that stupid are soon to remove themselves from the gene pool.

NOTSMC

Operative word being friendly.