Hoyer to hold Town Hall -Tues, Sept 1-Waldorf

wsmiles

Rep. Steny Hoyer :: Maryland 5th Congressional District

Hoyer to Hold Health Care Town Hall on Tuesday, September 1st in Waldorf, MD

Congressman Steny H. Hoyer (D-MD) announced that he will hold a town hall meeting on health care reform for residents of the Fifth Congressional District of Maryland on TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1ST, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. at North Point High School located at 2500 Davis Road, Waldorf, MD.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

* Doors will open at 6:00 p.m.
* Event capacity is 1000. Entry will be granted on a first come first serve basis.
* Parking is available in the high school parking lot after 5:00 p.m.

Since the start of the health care debate this year, Congressman Hoyer has been reaching out to constituents throughout the Fifth District, gathering input from citizens, health care professionals, patients, small business owners and workers. In April, he held a town hall meeting in Bowie, MD that was broadcast live on CSPAN.

If you would like regular updates on what is happening on health care reform, please sign up for The Daily Dose, a daily health care update tracking Congress’s work on health care reform.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HR 3200 as the bill was introduced: 7-16-2009

http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20090716/hr3200_ans.pdf

ImnoMensa

I have decided to buy an Obama T-shirt to wear over my other shirt.. If I am lucky they will let me in early, then I can take that one off and trash it.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Steny needs to have a Transportation Summit in SoMD as well. My commute is sucking worse daily. I keep hearing of all the new projects going on elsewhere. Drove up I270 the other day and they sure are putting their "reinvestment in America" funds to work. But nothing on the horizon for Steny's district.......

ImnoMensa

Southern Maryland always gets he Shetty end of the stick when it comes to roads bridges or our fair share on Mom's dole.

We have had steel plates in the road on 242 near the Old Gum now for almost a year.

glhs837

Power with Control
I plan to try and get up there as early as possible, and do some picture taking, see whos who on the ground and in the busses. Do we know if any real news folks are going to be there? Unbiased ones?

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I plan to try and get up there as early as possible, and do some picture taking, see whos who on the ground and in the busses. Do we know if any real news folks are going to be there? Unbiased ones?

Read Ron Miller's take on Hoyer's Town Hall from front page of somd.com. Good luck getting in. It will be interesting.