Hummingbirds

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
El cheapo from southern states. I thought they were eating it until I saw red liquid all over my porch & ants.

You need to get 'cha an ant moat thingy (get mine every year from Wentworths). I don't use the red stuff...just use sugar and hot water ..4 parts water to 1 part sugar and stir up well.

Have you seen any birds at the feeder? I know you saw them in your yard.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
You need to get 'cha an ant moat thingy (get mine every year from Wentworths). I don't use the red stuff...just use sugar and hot water ..4 parts water to 1 part sugar and stir up well.

Have you seen any birds at the feeder? I know you saw them in your yard.
I haven't seen any since the one playing in the sprinkler about a month ago. I would like to attract them and get them coming in. It's hanging where critters can't reach it.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I haven't seen any since the one playing in the sprinkler about a month ago. I would like to attract them and get them coming in. It's hanging where critters can't reach it.

It's not too late..try WalMart or even Wentworths (but they can be pricey), get a decent one. Keep it clean, once a week or so rinse it out and refill it. You may only have a few this year but next year they will come back and bring friends. I have gazillions now but I've had feeders up for about 20 years.

wilcam47

i have three 12oz feeders and i just bought two big ones but they seem to like the 12oz ones best...they were about 16-20 bucks at Kmart but ive had them drink one down in a day....especially towards the end of the summer when they get ready to migrate...