Hummingbirds

itsbob

I bowl overhand
kwillia said:
You should really get that checked out...:eyebrow:
They tell them over and over do NOT sneeze with your eyes open.. and just one time BLOOOOIE.. blowed up clematis..

Angel

~*~*~
Woohoo!

Here's a pic of our second hummingbird sighting at one of our feeders! I love hummingbirds!! I just wanted to share my excitement! :smile:

Attachments

• hummingbird.JPG
    hummingbird.JPG
    8.7 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Tons of goldfinches feeding now, too. I have two feeders at work, both with just the meat from the sunflower seeds and there are 10 - 20 every day, all day, feeding right outside my window at work.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
BS Gal said:
Tons of goldfinches feeding now, too. I have two feeders at work, both with just the meat from the sunflower seeds and there are 10 - 20 every day, all day, feeding right outside my window at work.

:yay: I have two net feeders in my front yard filled with thistle seed and have at least 6 or 8 feeding all the time. :clap:

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
I've got 3 finch feeders out front and about a dozen kitty paw prints on the inside of my bay window. They must drive her crazy during the day. That window must take a beating!

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Check THIS out:

Pink clemantis
IMG_0541.jpg

Blue clemantis
IMG_0548.jpg

Jazz Lady your clematis are beautiful, since your post is from 2006, I was wondering if they are still thriving?

I have a clematis that I want to put into the ground. It's been in a pot since last year & is quite healthy. Any suggestions on a good spot? My back yard is quite woodsy & shady, & I'd like to have it planted near a tree so that it would vine up a tree.

Also - anyone see any hummingbirds yet?:howdy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Jazz Lady your clematis are beautiful, since your post is from 2006, I was wondering if they are still thriving?
Thank you and most definitely thriving. They are full of blooms and getting ready to burst open shortly. :yay:

I have a clematis that I want to put into the ground. It's been in a pot since last year & is quite healthy. Any suggestions on a good spot? My back yard is quite woodsy & shady, & I'd like to have it planted near a tree so that it would vine up a tree.

They like their roots shaded but most any spot will do. Mine are on opposite sides of my front porch - one gets morning sun and the other late afternoon, with shade from the house for the hottest part of the day. If the tree you're thinking of planting it under gets any amount of sun or even bright, filtered shade, it will do well there.

Also - anyone see any hummingbirds yet?:howdy:
Not at my house but I was at RoseRed's house yesterday and got buzzed by one. :zoomzoomzoom: :lol:

wineo

loving life
I've had hummingbirds since last weekend when I put up the feeders. They are speed demons and one controls the feeder. Such cute little birds, I love watching them.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
:yahoo:Saw the first hummingbird for our yard today! He dive-bombed the pot of red petunias next to my adirondack chair by the pond & then flew away so fast I almost missed it!

Thank you and most definitely thriving. They are full of blooms and getting ready to burst open shortly. :yay:

They like their roots shaded but most any spot will do. Mine are on opposite sides of my front porch - one gets morning sun and the other late afternoon, with shade from the house for the hottest part of the day. If the tree you're thinking of planting it under gets any amount of sun or even bright, filtered shade, it will do well there.

Not at my house but I was at RoseRed's house yesterday and got buzzed by one. :zoomzoomzoom: :lol:

That would be a great tshirt.

wilcam47

any sightings yet? i see on a map they are coming back...but i have yet to see them...i am going to hang some feeders out today just in case.