Hurricane Matthew tread ...

Popster

The US model has it hitting the Carolinas following I-95, the Euro model has it going out to sea after pounding the South.

Euro model is regarded as more accurate usually.

I believe the R congress cut funding for promising new modeling by 60 some %. Penny wise pound foolish.

The WBOC weather guy admitted the Euro model was right and the rest were wrong.

Now there are predictions that the storm will turn out from Georgia, then circle back towards the Bahamas.

edinsomd

Latest storm track!

Attachments

• hurrcan mathew.jpg
    hurrcan mathew.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 381

littlelady

God bless the USA
Latest storm track!

Ditto, :lol: We are officially, now, residents of Montgomery County (AGAIN!...boo!) Moved for our dot and her new fam. Hopefully, Matthew heads out to sea after we just put a ton of money, blood, sweat, and tears into getting our house in Calvert up for sale. Life is change. I know that. But, we didn't need a catastrophic storm to undo what we just did. Most of what I am hearing is that Matthew will take a stage right. Hope so. Still praying, just in case. Be safe, y'all.

Last edited:

Popster

Ditto, :lol: We are officially, now, residents of Montgomery County (AGAIN!...boo!) Moved for our dot and her new fam. Hopefully, Matthew heads out to sea after we just put a ton of money, blood, sweat, and tears into getting our house in Calvert up for sale. Life is change. I know that. But, we didn't need a catastrophic storm to undo what we just did. Most of what I am hearing is that Matthew will take a stage right. Hope so. Still praying, just in case. Be safe, y'all.

I wish you the best! Matthew will leave you alone. Hope your house sells quickly and that you enjoy your new home. I hope to keep up with your news on this site; otherwise Hattie will miss you.

Capture.JPG

BernieP

Resident PIA
The Bahamas look like they will get the storm coming and going. Same with South Florida. It's gong to be a long event for them the way the model shows it making almost a U turn.

awpitt

Main Streeter
The WBOC weather guy admitted the Euro model was right and the rest were wrong.

Now there are predictions that the storm will turn out from Georgia, then circle back towards the Bahamas.

I don't think it'll go back to The Bahamas. Plus, it'll be weakening by then...

matthew4.jpg

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
So in your expert opinion... what's up with Nicole and is she going to do a grinding dance with Matthew pulling him towards her, shoving him down dropping it low then flinging him back into the east coast next week?

:roflmao:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Latest predictions have the strength at "ground zero", where my buddy lives in Florida, as being the second worst - or maybe even the worst - in history for that area. The last one being in the late 1800s.

That's some pretty dire chit. And such an incredible stretch of heavily populated and "wealthy" shoreline too. The damage totals could be record shattering.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I wish you the best! Matthew will leave you alone. Hope your house sells quickly and that you enjoy your new home. I hope to keep up with your news on this site; otherwise Hattie will miss you.

View attachment 115082

You are a dear, and so is Hattie. I wouldn't miss any future moments of her life. :huggy: I intend to stay on this forum, even though I moved, and I am not a a southern Marylander, anymore. Yesterday and today were absolutely crazy on top of what has happened in the preparation to move. Thank you so much for the well wishes. I feel so bad for the devastation and fatalities of this current hurricane. I lived through Betsy and Camille in NOLA, and Frederic in Mobile AL; those hurricanes were devastating, as well. Not to mention Isabelle and Irene in SoMD. If one chooses to live on a coast line, storms like this is what one lives with. I wish the best for you, your fam, and your adorable dogs. :smile:

Last edited:

officeguy

Latest predictions have the strength at "ground zero", where my buddy lives in Florida, as being the second worst - or maybe even the worst - in history for that area. The last one being in the late 1800s.

That's some pretty dire chit. And such an incredible stretch of heavily populated and "wealthy" shoreline too. The damage totals could be record shattering.

A fair amount of this real estate is not insured against storm and flood damage. 'East of 95' and on the barrier islands, property insurance is extremely expensive. There have been attempts to spread the risk to all Floridians to make it affordable, but still there is going to be lots of uninsured damage.