Husbands vs Horses

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
MorganLover said:
HAHA i bet it was fun. He didn't act like a total air head a buddy sour for you? Man was he a bratt that last ride i was on, he is lucky he is so fun to ride lol.
he luvs me. I'll miss him.

Hey can you come over this weekend?

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
fredsaid2 said:
I think the basics are pretty much the same. European horses seem to have more basic dressage training than ours typically do. Here 'riding english' usually refers to the equitation style seen in the show ring. It's still shoulder lined up w/ the hip lined up w/ the heel.

Trainers want riders out on trails but not every barn has easy access to them. When your focus is one or two lessons a week a student might not want to spend that lesson time trail riding.

That must have been pretty cool growing up in Scotland! Do you miss riding?
I very much miss riding. I still can hear my trainer "Watch the horses shoulder, heel down, etc, etc." :lmao: I went to his stables 5 days a week for 7 years. Only two of those days were formal training. The other days I had to clean stables, brush horses, etc. and could ride wherever I wanted to. I had a horse there that he owned, but was called mine, because I had to make sure he was brushed and his stable was kept clean. I didn't have to deal with farriers, vets, etc. the stable owner did that. But I loved "my" horse. His name was Bumble. Wow - it's been 23 years since then and I still remember his name. He was a really spunky horse - lots of spirit in him.