Hypnosis

MMM_donuts

Some medical textbooks list it as a holistic therapy and present the information as though it works for some people. I was surprised to see this as I am a little bit (extremely) skeptical of hypnosis.

One of the nursing textbooks says this: Most people are capable of being hypnotized if they are willing.

And it says it can be used for a wide range of conditions including chronic pain, migranes, asthma, smoking cessation, and irritable bowel syndrome.

popsicle

Bump

Has anyone had a successful experience with a hypnotist in the tri-county area and would like to share the name of the provider?

mamatutu

mama to two
Bump

Has anyone had a successful experience with a hypnotist in the tri-county area and would like to share the name of the provider?

What are you trying to accomplish? I have no experience with it, but my mom used in Texas in the '80's to quit smoking. It worked.

popsicle

Well, ultimately weight loss. I eat when I am stressed, so I am not sure if I just need it for stress and anxienty.

I have been very stressed lately!

mamatutu

mama to two
Well, ultimately weight loss. I eat when I am stressed, so I am not sure if I just need it for stress and anxienty.

I have been very stressed lately!

I eat when stressed, too. Chips are my downfall! Like I said, I have no experience with hypnosis personally, but here is the Univ of MD website. And, yes, I am sick of the Marie I Got Plastic Surgery Lypo Suction And Eat Unaffordable Nutrisystem Food commercials, too. They are incessant; like every other commercial! :lol: Good luck, and the best to you.

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/treatment/hypnotherapy

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I am sick of the Marie I Got Plastic Surgery Lypo Suction And Eat Unaffordable Nutrisystem Food commercials, too. They are incessant; like every other commercial!

Time to ditch the TV. You won't miss it at all.