I.A.M. vs DynCorp International

thurley42

HY;FR
Welcome to the real world! You have a job, you should be grateful for that. If you are not happy with the current position you hold then find a new job. There are many of other people who would gladly take your spot.

Your issue with Vacation is unreal, 99% of the contractors in this area run the exact same way. Why do you feel you should be treated special.

Hopefully DynCorp will get the ability to let the ungrateful bastards like you go and higher people who will appreciate what they have.
:yahoo:

what about the lower people?

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Okay :drama: mama

If you hate Dyncorp go find another job. :rolleyes:

You are crying about two weeks of vacation (after a year) and no sick time? Maybe any time off should be called PTO. Would that make your whiny ass feel better? :poorbaby:

you my hubby gets 1 week of vacation after a year and he has been at his job for 6 years now i really think they should be glad that they get 2 weeks not everyone gets 2 weeks

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
I get 16.8 hours a month, but I've been there over 24 years

well are you atleast greatfull that you have a job thats what blows me away with this thread. people are looking at the add ons about the job and not like "hey i have a job i have money to support my self or family" they should be happy they are not one of the MILLIONS that dont have a job.

red_explorer

lucky....

you my hubby gets 1 week of vacation after a year and he has been at his job for 6 years now i really think they should be glad that they get 2 weeks not everyone gets 2 weeks

I would love two paid weeks of vacation a year. I'm lucky if I get one, and I've been here for 6 years. Too much to get done. Deal with it. Be glad you have a job.

I have been working with Dyncorp for over 10 years now. When I first started working here I was getting paid roughly 17 bucks an hour, now I am close to 30 an hour. THANKS TO THE INCEPTION OF THE UNION a few years ago we got a pretty good pay raise. If it were up to the company they would have given us a decrease in wages.

I am not going to read through all 13 pages of this thread as most of the replies I saw are idiots saying "your lucky that you have a job". If it weren't for my 8 years expierence in the Navy and countless schools that I went to; who would they put in my spot? A hobo from the Flattops?

Sick days: There should be no rhyme or reason that if I am sick I should use my vacation days. Being home with a sick child or if I am sick is no vacation in my book. Base being closed due to inclement weather is my fault? So I wasted what? 4 or 5 of my vacation days?

If we go on strike who is gonna repair these aircraft for the pilots to fly? some kid off the street? whatever. For the stuff that we do at work we should be getting better benefits and better wages. We should be treated as humans not as another #. For all of you "neigh sayers" out there who live off of your spouses pay and don't work. Do not reply. It makes your posts seem more idiotic.

PrepH4U

I have been working with Dyncorp for over 10 years now. When I first started working here I was getting paid roughly 17 bucks an hour, now I am close to 30 an hour. THANKS TO THE INCEPTION OF THE UNION a few years ago we got a pretty good pay raise. If it were up to the company they would have given us a decrease in wages.

I am not going to read through all 13 pages of this thread as most of the replies I saw are idiots saying "your lucky that you have a job". If it weren't for my 8 years expierence in the Navy and countless schools that I went to; who would they put in my spot? A hobo from the Flattops?

Sick days: There should be no rhyme or reason that if I am sick I should use my vacation days. Being home with a sick child or if I am sick is no vacation in my book. Base being closed due to inclement weather is my fault? So I wasted what? 4 or 5 of my vacation days?

If we go on strike who is gonna repair these aircraft for the pilots to fly? some kid off the street? whatever. For the stuff that we do at work we should be getting better benefits and better wages. We should be treated as humans not as another #. For all of you "neigh sayers" out there who live off of your spouses pay and don't work. Do not reply. It makes your posts seem more idiotic.

So all of those active duty military men and women could not step in and take your place? :shrug: I bet they would gladly love to sleep in an apartment vs a tent :shrug: I bet they would also love to be able to take a day off when they so pleased. You all are forgeting with the overseas operations winding down many discharged vets will be looking for a job. Good luck on your strike! I hope the union has guaranteed strike benefits for you all to pay your mortgage. :imjustsayin:
Oh one last question, are you all indentured servants and are forced to stay at Dyncorp? :shrug:

So all of those active duty military men and women could not step in and take your place? :shrug: I bet they would gladly love to sleep in an apartment vs a tent :shrug: I bet they would also love to be able to take a day off when they so pleased. You all are forgeting with the overseas operations winding down many discharged vets will be looking for a job. Good luck on your strike! I hope the union has guaranteed strike benefits for you all to pay your mortgage. :imjustsayin:
Oh one last question, are you all indentured servants and are forced to stay at Dyncorp? :shrug:

Actually it wouldn't be wise for this company to do that. I work 8 hours a day.... military folks work 24/7. Which person would be cheaper to work here (from the companies point of view)? Hmmm?

Comparing a civilian ran company to US service members overseas is silly. No comparision at all.

Yep, the union does in fact pay us if we go on strike. So my car payment and mortgage is covered. Plus my wife works. So that is settled.

Nope. Nobody is forced to stay here. I choose to stay here because I am comfortable where I am at in my career.

glhs837

Power with Control

Man, I did your job, what they are paying now is way more than fair. What you get for time off is again, more than fair. 8 years? Countless schools? Dont count yearly safety stand downs and reading lectures in the shop as schools:) Whats your specialty? Nobody was ever overworked before the union, and I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed.

You make it sound like your working on a nuclear reactor, and, no you're not. You are replaceable. My bet, your one of the guys washing the airplanes. :killingme

Man, I did your job, what they are paying now is way more than fair. What you get for time off is again, more than fair. 8 years? Countless schools? Dont count yearly safety stand downs and reading lectures in the shop as schools:) Whats your specialty? Nobody was ever overworked before the union, and I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed.

You make it sound like your working on a nuclear reactor, and, no you're not. You are replaceable. My bet, your one of the guys washing the airplanes. :killingme

Ladies and gents... we have a comedian here on the forums. You must work for Dyna manangement.

I was an AT in the Navy working on Tomcats and Hornets. A school, Framps for both, wire repair school, should I list my entire resume for you?

You know nothing about me hoss and yet your quick to fire off moronic replies. Either your manangement or your a McDonalds drive thru server. Pick your fights wisely.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ladies and gents... we have a comedian here on the forums. You must work for Dyna manangement.

I was an AT in the Navy working on Tomcats and Hornets. A school, Framps for both, wire repair school, should I list my entire resume for you?

You know nothing about me hoss and yet your quick to fire off moronic replies. Either your manangement or your a McDonalds drive thru server. Pick your fights wisely.

Same resume as the guy (sadly now deceased) that ran my production area for almost 10 years. He was pulling in almost 45K a year when he died suddenly...an amount which he regarded as silly money and plenty of it. So I guess ten years on he would be making around 60-70 now? Sounds about right to me.

thurley42

HY;FR

An AT complaining about making 30 bucks an hour? Good lord...

glhs837

Power with Control

Nope, I'm not management, nor do I even work for Dyna. In fact, had my own run ins with them when I worked there from 96 through 2000. Couldnt stand the "if its from the ranks, must be a bad idea" attitude, and the good old boy promotion system. You have had a few schools, some so out of date they might as well be typewriter classes:) Not much from the Tomcat days applicable to the "G", for instance. If your education is worth so much, see what industry outside Pax will pay.

It wasn't a moronic reply, I was simply pointing out that fixing aircraft isnt rocket science. Thousands of folks do it every day. It is a skilled trade, but its no surgery. And no, I dont serve up fries. I have moved up both times I have changed jobs since I left Dyna, as have most of the folks I respected when I worked there. Not all, one guy I really admired runs two shops now, great guy. But most of the folks that stay are content to come in, work 8, and go home, nothing wrong with that, but folks shouldn't expect time served to be sufficient to make them rich.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

If you were a smart AT, you would not be working for DynCorp for 10 years.

I know.

If you were a smart AT, you would not be working for DynCorp for 10 years.

I know.

Heh... "Comedy Day" onboard the somd forums.

When I got out I was offered jobs by BAE, Booze Allen Hamiton among other companies. I chose TPS for the hands on expierence of the aircraft. But then again you must have been a YN or AK in the Navy. Right?

SoccerMom2

I will reply. There are so many people who don't get half of what DynCorp employees gets. So why ask for more? It's greed. You act like your so special that you can't be replaced. Everyone is replacable. All you need is a miltary background and know what a jet is.