I Agree With WR

BernieP

Resident PIA
I've installed cameras and motion sensing lights all around the outside.
Even though the neighborhood is pretty quiet and unbothered, once in a while folks report break-ins of cars.
Haven't heard of any house burglaries, assaults or such.
Unfortunately regardless of where they reside, if they have a driver's license or not, they seem to all have access to a car.
But if you report a "suspicious" individual in your neighborhood, you put the deputies in the awkward position of possibly busting a burglar or maybe stopping some "innocent" individual who will blow it all out of proportion.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That's BS.

The perp should be forced to pay the restituion immediately, even if it means selling a kidney or two.
Donate 5 qts of blood ...... all at once
Odds are that medically speaking, they would not be a good donor.
Sad to say a lot of the theft is drug addicts desperate for cash, don't even want to start on how to treat them.
Getting them clean, sober, and employed would be a benefit to society, but they have to want it and pre-COVID, mental health and addiction treatment were not easy to find (good programs). So it's a combination, their willingness and determination to get better and the availability of a quality program.
By quality, I mean a program that simply doesn't push pills, or worse, teach them how to beat the system.
If alcoholics can do it, so can the addict.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Our cams are on the way. There was some shady stuff going on in my neck of the woods the other night and if it wasn't for an alert and pissed off dog, who knows what would have happened.

Maybe it's time to going shopping for an addition to the family. :whistle:

Not our place, just near by.
We use NEST and have an account.. Everything is saved to their cloud, and I have up to ten days to save and download any clips I want to keep (per the contract) but I can usually go back further than 10 days to review and capture video.. They can steal the cameras, they can destroy the cameras, but the footage is elsewhere of them doing it, that they can't get to.

INTERESTING aside.. we used to have mice in the attic, we'd catch them, and more would come in their place.. I THINK there may be a connection between the NEST cameras and the lack of mice the last couple of years.

During the night NEST emits IR and our entire house is awash in IR light. Thinking the IR light scares them away, OR the IR light helps predators catch them before they get to the house. Owls and foxes may have caught on, and found the IR light to be a great hunting tool for them.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
INTERESTING aside.. we used to have mice in the attic, we'd catch them, and more would come in their place.. I THINK there may be a connection between the NEST cameras and the lack of mice the last couple of years.

During the night NEST emits IR and our entire house is awash in IR light. Thinking the IR light scares them away, OR the IR light helps predators catch them before they get to the house. Owls and foxes may have caught on, and found the IR light to be a great hunting tool for them.
LEDs, IR or regular, emit a high frequency noise, or rather, the electronics driving the LEDs does. You can hear it as interference on audio systems. I'd lean towards that.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Unfortunately regardless of where they reside, if they have a driver's license or not, they seem to all have access to a car.
But if you report a "suspicious" individual in your neighborhood, you put the deputies in the awkward position of possibly busting a burglar or maybe stopping some "innocent" individual who will blow it all out of proportion.
Good networking with the neighbors all around the subdivision, folks are not shy about asking first, calling the County second.