I almost died

gsxr2005

I get it from alot of the posts the motorcycles just should get off the road... Why can't we both share the road? I don't pull out in front of cars or cut them off. I am just as careful on my bike as I am in my truck. Only thing is it seems like cars go out of their way to do stupid stuff to motorcycles like tailgating (BIG PROBLEM) cutting me off etc. I have been cut off just like this and actually slid side ways to avoid and accident. Altough I have been really angry I have never screamed at anyone or actually confronted anyone in their vehicle because people are crazy and you don't know what issues they have in life!! I have shook my head at someone. Someone made the remark about loud pipes...well loud pipes or not, drivers in vehicles don't look out for motorcycles!!! I pay taxes and tags every year just like all the other vehicles on the road I have just as much right to be there! People take a vehicle that weighs thousands of pounds and text, use their phone, read the paper, put on makeup, and whatever else they do in a vehicle and take it for granite that its ok. I can't say I have ever done any of these things on a motorcycle (or my vehicle either) and its not asking much to be safe from the drivers around me. I enjoy riding and it makes you feel really good to ride as long as you don't have to constantly dodge stupid drivers.....

I agree and its not like I really would beat there face in with my fist .. Or want to kill them.. I just hate the fact they think they can over power a motorcycle because they are bigger and are in a vehicle.. They know we would stop or avoid it thats sometimes why people do it ( not saying everyone ) And yes make-up ppl , cell phoners, txters, and all that good stuff . I just would like people to open there eyes more and pay attetion , I just want to have a nice ride and get from point A to point B .. Safe and sound ..

Joyce

Try that with the wrong person, and you may very well have TWO near death expiereances in the same trip.

I observed a "person" cutting off a motorcyclist a couple of weeks ago. Trust me *IF* she had hit the motorcyclist (and I am very glad she didn't) and lived, my first words to the Judge would have been "Your Honor, she was laying on the pavement and I was trying to help her up, but she kept "falling". I told her to stay down, but she refused."

I have cut in front of cars that are following way too close to a motorcyclist. Yeah, I get the "salute" , however, people have got to learn to *NOT* follow too close. My son-in-law, who happens to have *LOUD* pipes on his Fatboy has had to tell drivers to back off from my daughter as she is still *learning". She had a Sportster 880 she had to get rid of because she felt it was too powerful for her at the time. It was our favorite color, purple.

thurley42

HY;FR
I observed a "person" cutting off a motorcyclist a couple of weeks ago. Trust me *IF* she had hit the motorcyclist (and I am very glad she didn't) and lived, my first words to the Judge would have been "Your Honor, she was laying on the pavement and I was trying to help her up, but she kept "falling". I told her to stay down, but she refused."

I have cut in front of cars that are following way too close to a motorcyclist. Yeah, I get the "salute" , however, people have got to learn to *NOT* follow too close. My son-in-law, who happens to have *LOUD* pipes on his Fatboy has had to tell drivers to back off from my daughter as she is still *learning". She had a Sportster 880 she had to get rid of because she felt it was too powerful for her at the time. It was our favorite color, purple.

so you witness something you feel to be unsafe and remedy the situation by another unsafe act? good job buddy!

Please don't do that to me. I might be getting ready to slow down and get the guy off my a$$ myself.

Black VStar, Black helmet.

Thanks.

Please don't do that to me. I might be getting ready to slow down and get the guy off my a$$ myself.

Black VStar, Black helmet.

Thanks.

Yeah, me either. One minor miscalculation on ANYONE'S part and we're toast. If we feel someone is tailgating too closely, let US deal with it. I generally defuse the whole situation by pulling over and letting them go by. Why add more road rage?

vince77

It's a shame that a small percentage of motorcyclists who drive like a$$holes affect the way many drivers feel about all of them. I'd say I see an equal amount of irresponsibilty between both. Rode a bike for many years, but not anymore. And I've never seen one cyclist chasing another to "educate" them about driving irresponsibly. There are two kinds of cyclists...those that have put their bike down, and those that have yet to.......Climbing out of vehicles or off cycles to "educate" someone is a good way to get your head blown off today. Call the police

BOP

For your information , my bike isnt super loud , but it is loud enough that I know I would hear it if I was in a vehicle and it was next to me or with-in a car lengths away ..

And no there really wasnt anything I could of done to aviod it . I am always aware of what is going on around me , and I was giving myself enough space for the car infront of me incase of the red light , and then this moron decides to cut me off .

I'm just messin with you. I've been riding bikes of all types and sizes for most of my adult life (35+ years), but I gotta tell you...a guy rode by me one day on northbound 235 on a Japasaki...let's put it this way: the tone, loudness, and obnoxious vibration of his exhaust made me want to pull his sorry azz off that piece of crap he was riding and beat his head in. I've never had a reaction like that, ever.

gsxr2005

I'm just messin with you. I've been riding bikes of all types and sizes for most of my adult life (35+ years), but I gotta tell you...a guy rode by me one day on northbound 235 on a Japasaki...let's put it this way: the tone, loudness, and obnoxious vibration of his exhaust made me want to pull his sorry azz off that piece of crap he was riding and beat his head in. I've never had a reaction like that, ever.

That would be annoying ! Mines a nice sounding bike but nothing what you are stating .

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Yeah, me either. One minor miscalculation on ANYONE'S part and we're toast. If we feel someone is tailgating too closely, let US deal with it. I generally defuse the whole situation by pulling over and letting them go by. Why add more road rage?

I like to do the weave.
swerving back and forth in your lane while gradually slowing down.

They think you're crazy and back off

Jbeckman

Attached is a flyer for anyone interested in attending a meet and greet safety planning meeting reference motorcycle safety.

This is NOT an enforcement meetng, but a meeting to generate ideas, initiatives, research means to reduce motorcycle crashes and injuries. Please share and advise if you are able to attend.

College of Southern Maryland, Room C216 - Besche Room
August 26, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
RSVP (due to space and refreshments) jackiebeckman@co.saint-marys.md.us or 301-475-4200 ext 1850

Attachments

• mc tf flyer.jpg
    mc tf flyer.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Jbeckman

Sorry, forget to state...CSM - Leonardtown Campus...
Same info otherwise, just forgot to state the campus site.

dbquad1993

I have seen my share of idot vehicle drivers and idiot motorcyclists. I give room to ALL of them - as someone said, no need for more road rage. My question is how to deal with the motorcyclists that do the cutting off and tailgating. I don't want to kill them with my car, but they are behaving as if they want to get killed. Not all, just a few extremely bad apples. Even witnessed a "game of chase" on 495 between a pack of 6 of them. What do I do with that? TIA

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I have seen my share of idot vehicle drivers and idiot motorcyclists. I give room to ALL of them - as someone said, no need for more road rage. My question is how to deal with the motorcyclists that do the cutting off and tailgating. I don't want to kill them with my car, but they are behaving as if they want to get killed. Not all, just a few extremely bad apples. Even witnessed a "game of chase" on 495 between a pack of 6 of them. What do I do with that? TIA

Ignore them and drive normally.
They are basing their decisions on you not changing what you're doing.
If you run over one, hope he has insurance to cover removing his dumb ass from under your car.

paralegalusaf

Well today on my lovely trip down 235 on my motorcycle , I want to thank the guy in the 2007 Dodge Durango Goldish color for cutting me off !!! Because you were in such a hurry and Made me lock up my brakes to avoid dying !!!! I was very very close to following you to the next place you stopped and beating your face in with my fist !!!! Sound violent but yes ! I could of died thanks to you. ( by the way no I was no speeding or acting stupid and yes he could see me because he looked back 2 times and I reved up to make sure he heard me , everyone else around me saw me and shook there heads also ) ..

You're very brave to be riding around here, F-THAT! ppl drive like crap and don't care for the other driver... I see it every day on 210...ppl can hardly use a directional let alone give ppl a safe driving distance...

When I see a guy riding a bike, I try to get behind them and block the azzholz from doing that crap. Those ppl should be taken out back and flogged!

However, there are the funny biker storys of those who think they are God...coming home from work a guy on a bike, trying to play Biker Boyz was going probaby 125 down 210...I though, road pizza or speeding ticket... fort. it was a ticket...what a dumb azz.

Don't forget your armour next time you go riding...be safe!

Jbeckman

Attached is a flyer for anyone interested in attending a meet and greet safety planning meeting reference motorcycle safety.

This is NOT an enforcement meetng, but a meeting to generate ideas, initiatives, research means to reduce motorcycle crashes and injuries. Please share and advise if you are able to attend.

College of Southern Maryland, Room C216 - Besche Room
August 26, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
RSVP (due to space and refreshments) jackiebeckman@co.saint-marys.md.us or 301-475-4200 ext 1850

Reminder