I am HOMELESS its official

J

julz20684

Doug,
It seems that what you need to file for is a modification of your current child support order, stating your income conditions have changed drastically from when you voluntarily paid 1400/mth. However, the court is going to take in to consideration that you are capabile of making that amount, since you had previously, and will expect you to find work at that income level again.

It seems to me a good attorney on your behalf would argue that it is not feasible for you to make that income level here and in order to do so you would have to leave the area and in doing so it would alienate you from your children. Which is the lesser evil??

Why an appeal?? -- I'm assuming you are appealing the original court order for 1400/mth, but seems to me if you've been waiting since October for a hearing that is an awfully long time.

What does your attorney say?

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
BS Gal said:
Do you have the kids every other weekend or have some sort of custody arrangement? What is "customary" visitation?

When i was getting seperated i read a book on child custody. Customary Visitation is a word used in many legal documents. I use the word with :sarcasm: which was not presented well in my other post.

yes I get Visitation :sarcasm: every other weekend. every other holiday and split Christmas.
However she takes the kids to tidewater every christmas so I usually have christmas with them the weekend before.I have access to the children most any time during the week for dinner etc.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Dougstermd said:
When i was getting seperated i read a book on child custody. Customary Visitation is a word used in many legal documents. I use the word with :sarcasm: which was not presented well in my other post.

yes I get Visitation :sarcasm: every other weekend. every other holiday and split Christmas.
However she takes the kids to tidewater every christmas so I usually have christmas with them the weekend before.I have access to the children most any time during the week for dinner etc.
So you have a lawyer? I guess you probably can't afford one now. That sux. I feel bad for you. The kids are the ones that suffer in the long run. She should give you a break. Does she work?

J

julz20684

Doug,
Another thing, as I'm sure you already know, the judge is going to look at why you are no longer making that income, i.e. quit, got fired.

What type of work did you/do you do? If you mean by leaving the area to make the increased income by travelling up to DC area, people down here do that every day and the judge won't feel sympathetic to that.

Maybe in your appeal/modification hearing in order to gain further cooperation from the judge to reduce the monthly support, have you offered to have the mother claim the children on her taxes, pay a % of your income tax return to support every year...just some other ideas.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
julz20684 said:
Doug,
why you are no longer making that income, i.e. quit, got fired.

What type of work did you/do you do? If you mean by leaving the area to make the increased income by travelling up to DC area, people down here do that every day and the judge won't feel sympathetic to that.

Maybe in your appeal/modification hearing in order to gain further cooperation from the judge to reduce the monthly support, have you offered to have the mother claim the children on her taxes, pay a % of your income tax return to support every year...just some other ideas.

And when they look at why and they review the case law i am confident they will rule in my favor.

I already commute to the Dc area almost every day.

Money is money no matter where it comes out of your total income its still money. tax return tax deduction it is all cash out of your monthly net.

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
Dead Eye said:
Sorry dude was on invisible
At the mansion

well i almost got all my shiat moved from inside just a couple of chairs and the washer and dryer to move. The snow did not help

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
CMC122 said:
I thought you announced you were moving in with your brother in Delaware?

scratched that so i could stay in the area. i might still go stay with him if my welcome is worn thin here

K

Kain99

Chin up Doug... Lots of people need roomates! It will all be ok. :huggy:

Dougstermd

ORGASM DONOR
I am HOMELESS its offic... 02-25-2007 09:00 PM check rehab out instead and do us all a favor

if you really cared so much you would sign it.

There is not a person/program in the world that will make things different. the only person in charge of my destiny is me. So to my karma giver look me up in a year.

timex

Mexico and Cuba maybe Spain could be an option. Send the kids plenty of postcards (1785.00) a mounth. they will find you when there older.......... :howdy: just a thought...

Last edited:

lkt

curly-locks
Found this in the classifieds
Looking for non smoking single professional (prefer male) to rent 2nd Master Bedroom on small Cul-de-Sac in Wildewood Community. Included: Walk-in-Closet, Large bathroom, Working DirecTV box - (wired for TiVo - Not included in Rental price), own parking spot w/in connected gargage, and FULL HOUSE PRIVILEGES. Everything in house is high-end. All utilities are included in rent, except for Long-Distance telephone and personal food. Currently working for DOD sharing home with a friendly german shephard. Rent used for landscape mprovements.

Perfect for single professional. Sorry, NO PETS & NO SMOKING. Willing to work w/schedule and deposit payment. Call for viewing or appointment. Michael (240) 298-5192

$500.00 per month